Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Front sway bar mounting

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005 | 02:21 AM
Jastx
Three Wheelin'

Default Front sway bar mounting

In the course of renovating my air conditioning system, removing the old hoses, I had to remove a metal tray under the front of the car. It turns out two of the allen head screws I had to remove held one side the front sway bar bushing brackets on each side.

I have since raised the car to complet the hose removal and and the side of the brackets where the screws were removed have pulled away from their mountings, see the pics. What is the best way to position these to reattach them? Can I simply jack the sway a little to push it back to where I can reinsert the screw? Or is there a better procedure?

Also, in the last pic, is that what a leaking steering rack looks like?

Thanks!
Attached Images     
Old 12-27-2005 | 06:32 PM
DonE
Burning Brakes

Yep, just as you say, use a jack to help push the assembly back up and into place so you can install and tighten the hex head bolts.

There are only three things up front that can leak - steering rack, fuel pump/lines and fuel tank.
Old 12-27-2005 | 09:41 PM
JBH
Addict
Rennlist Member

Well...I am not sure where slantnose park the front oil cooler, but it can definately leak. Without power steering, I am not sure what fluid will leak out of the rack. Check also for brake fluid.
Old 12-28-2005 | 12:50 AM
DonE
Burning Brakes

The steering rack is sealed with lubrication.

Quick Reply: Front sway bar mounting