Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Poll: Turbo brackets and rear-end lifting

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 02:38 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Autometrics and Performance Products have it.

http://www.autometricsmotorsports.com/

Originally Posted by Peter Carroll/Toronto
I recently saw an ad for an inexpensive rear lift point that bolted to the rear engine mount. It also served as a rear tow hook. Now I can't recall where I saw it. It appeared to be made of flat steel painted red. It's not the expensice CNC part I can find online.

Anyone recall where it was?
Old 10-18-2005, 03:39 PM
sand_man
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by im4duke
I know there are a lot of opinions and threads on these topics, both here and on Pelican, but I just wanted to take a simple poll about what everyone here is doing on these 2 topics:

Question #1: How do you lift the rear of your car?
A. from the case
B. from the factory jack holes in the rockers, alternating sides
C. other, please explain

Question #2: Are you using the factory turbo support bracket? Doesn't matter whether it's modified.
A. yes
B. no

Any particularly interesting first-hand learning experiences related to the above would be good to hear about too.
Question 1: B. I use a jack plate in the jack receiver holes.
Question 2: B. I have the support bracket installed on the exhaust side of the turbo, but was unable to line up with the holes on the engine...so it's useless! I plan to open the holes a tad bit so that it will line up...but that's another project! My B&B exhaust has a strap that is pretty tight, and thus far nothing has come loose.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:46 PM
Gino
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeff-
I'm think about the bracket when I receive the B&Bs from Stephen. I'm not using it now, and those 2 strong straps on the Fabspeed look like plenty of 'tie-down' for our systems...

BTW: since I don't have the headers yet, is there a bung for the O2 sensor already in the turbo tube? is it really needed? I'm not running closed loop now after my wrench set the CO at 3.5% to fix some surging at steady pedal pressure.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:56 PM
sand_man
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gino, on my B&B headers there is a bung and it's located right before the turbo manifold...sort of at the central collector where the pipes all merge together. MY O2 sensor has been disconected, so the bung is bolted up. I use an Innovate LM-1 with an exhaust clamp when I need to check the AFRs.

Quick Reply: Poll: Turbo brackets and rear-end lifting