911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Electromotive XDI ignition...

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 08:22 PM
mohawkmusic
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Electromotive XDI ignition...

New at this... Recently purchased '84 930 stock except for 17"turbo wheels, Tri-Flow muffler (only) and Electromotive XDI ignition. Looking for any opinions and/or experiences with XDI ignition and complete Tri-Flow exhaust systems... PS: What's "post a poll" mean?
Old 10-06-2005, 09:52 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Welcome to Rennlist!

Can't help you with your XDI or Tri-flow question but "Post a Poll" allows you to start a thread with a poll that other members can respond to -- like this one.

Marc
Old 10-06-2005, 11:26 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I can help with the XDi and the B&B systems. We install a lot of the XDi's on a daily basis. We use them in the twin plug setups. Ask away.
Old 10-09-2005, 05:40 PM
mohawkmusic
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ADMITTEDLY IGNORANT NEEDS HELP

Hi Stephen, what benefits (if any) are there to the XDI ignition in an otherwise stock "cream puff" '84 911 Turbo? Also, previous owner having had a "Tri-Flow" custom muffler installed ("it was shiny!"!!!) should I finish the Tri Floe exhaust system (not inexpensive) or look at other alternative systems... I was told SSI does not make a system for the car, so what other options are there and what are their plus/minus aspects? Lastly, the car had a new stock active oil cooler (18 months ago) installed. What are my options for front air dams which would increase the effective cooling? Thanx, David.

Quick Reply: Electromotive XDI ignition...