Schnele Headers

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 05:27 PM
911rudy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Schnele Headers

I wrote Vertex auto an e-mail and asked when they were going to bring back the $750 SS headers and the sales manager wrote me back and said that he would sell me a set for $750! It includes the nuts but not the allen bolts which he will sell for $2 each. It includes the SS oil tank but not the line. He said that he would sell to Rennlist forum guys if anyone wants a set. You have to talk to Charles, the sales manager at 1-866-668-0660. He said that some people were racing with them and that he has pictures at their shop with the headers bright red from the heat. So far no cracks or failures, he said. Not like their experience with Fabspeed or B&B. He also said that a small bracket must be made to support the new oil tank and you have to make your own line. He said that some people are using parts of the old line.
I don't know how many sets they will sell for $750 but it should last for a while.
Rudy
Old 08-04-2005, 09:33 PM
Gino
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yasin seems very adept at fabricating lines as evidenced by his fine engine mod work displayed a few weeks back. Perhaps he can offer (we'll pay for this of course) a line to accompany these few packages. And, maybe some other reading Rennlister does bracket/ metal fab work that can similarly supply the tank support. I'm not sure where I saw it, but didn't Jet Spray in AZ recently spray someone's headers for heat retention. Perhaps it makes sense to add that feature to a group buy...
Old 08-05-2005, 01:24 AM
911rudy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vertex said that they would be coming out with the oil/line kit cheaper than GHL which is $300 for their kit. If Yasin can produce the oil line the beacket is easy. How about it Slowandrusty?
Rudy
ps
Now is the time to get a SS header that will only go up in price. If any of you think that you will be using a header sys. order it from Vertex. Charles intimated to me that if there were any problems they would make it right. They are sort of gambling on us to get this header sys. going. He said that they don't have much margin on the headers at $750 but that if the Rennlist guys went for it, then it would be worth it for them because of the positive expoaure and feedback.
Old 08-05-2005, 02:21 AM
SoCal Mike
Addict
Rennlist Member

I've noticed that they have been back peddling on their prices on ebay. It use to be $750, then 1100, now 9-something.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:31 AM
87turbo930
Advanced

Do you have any idea if they could make me a set with a garrett flange?? If I could get them that cheap id try em out but I need a garrett flange for my turbo if possible
Old 08-15-2005, 11:10 AM
bogey1
Rennlist Member

Received 220 Likes on 111 Posts

how do these headers compare to GHL and B&B? Has anyone dyno tested them?

Quick Reply: Schnele Headers