Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

What is this power seat connection?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005 | 02:18 PM
Jastx
Three Wheelin'

Default What is this power seat connection?

See the pic below...My driver's seat has an electrical connection that confuses me. As you can see, there is a plug in the harness attached to the seat that would mate to another half also attached to the seat. However, another factory looking plug and wire is connected instead. This wire runs toward the front and disappears under the carpet up the center hump near the gearshift. Where it goes from there I don't know.

Does anyone else have this same connection with their seat? Any explanation? I suppose it could be a replacement for a connection that at one time was diagnosed as faulty.

Thanks!
Attached Images  
Old 07-17-2005 | 03:37 PM
911rudy
Addict
Rennlist Member

John,
There were many seat options that were available and the wiring harness was made to accept all of the options, such as seat heat or lumbar adjustment. The wire running toward the front is probablly the power supply from the DC bus up front. If you look under a newer US car front seat you can see plugs that don't go anywhere.
Rudy
Old 07-18-2005 | 11:11 AM
MitchB
Burning Brakes

From: Dallas, then Annapolis - now Laguna Beach CA. Well, not so fast - I'm back in Dallas. For good!

Porsches of this era have two plugs. That two prong plug back to the seat belt recepticle. Tells the warning system(s) that you've buckled up. You should be able to trace it back to the belt recepticle. The other plug is usually (at least on my '86 cars) a larger multi prong plug for the seat functions. Although it has a lot of prongs it still is just power and ground...
Maybe your '89 uses the smaller plug for this?
Do all your seat functions (tilt, etc.) work with that plug not hooked up? Maybe put power on it - see what happens?

Quick Reply: What is this power seat connection?