Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Elephant racing bushings

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 10:17 AM
125shifter
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

On step 3 of the instuctions: http://www.elephantracing.com/docume...pl-factory.pdf
when I installed the steel inner races with shims I heated the races slightly so I could shim it tight. They are not difficult to rotate, you cannot rotate them by hand. I'm not taking them back out, but if I have problems I'll know where to look first.
Old 11-19-2005, 01:58 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I must be the only person on the planet who hasn't had problems with urethane bushings....

After four or five years of road and track duty, they are still going strong and don't squeak a bit.

Of course, when I installed them, I made sure they fit right and used a ton of that gorilla snot to lube them.

I also used them on my 911SC which with the same results for four years.

I may upgrade one day, but not until I need to replace them
Old 11-20-2005, 03:06 AM
Sameer
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A930Rocket,

With the polyutherane bushings and grease, mine did'nt squeek much but I had to grease them every week which is what made me give up on em'
Old 11-20-2005, 11:21 AM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I haven't touched mine since the install.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:34 PM
JoeMag
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

DAvid -- yes, you must have gotten a little over motvated with the shims and deformed the sleeve. i did that on one of mine, but it was only a small point contact and when i put on i greased and then spun it with the outer part and it loosened up quickly. you must have pressed that thing on to get it that tight. I used the bronze part to tap mine to fully seated but still no issue. you may want to call elephant and get their opinion. having it as tight as you say may not let suspension settle. when i installed my rears i also had to shim one of the mounting points to get to operate very smoothly (was bindin), but after that they'r real smooth. the spring plate just flops to the bottom when disconnected and there's really no horizontal (along the axis of torque tube).

Quick Reply: Elephant racing bushings