911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Value of DP 930???

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005 | 08:49 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Value of DP 930???

I have a friend that her huband passed away. He had a 37K mile slantnose DP 930. The wife doesn't know what it is worth and says she can't find the paperwork for it authenticity.

Is there a way to look at the VIN or specifics about the car that would prove it authenticity? What about a price?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 06-23-2005 | 09:46 PM
senna21
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone here is looking to pick one up. Look for the thread 996 to 930, or something like that.

I'd depend on the car but, I'd say it'd be in the ball park with most 930s. Some guy's love pure stock and some like an outlandish car like the DP. Both seem to tote the same price line. In other words if the car's in good condition with all Books and Records I'd say it'd pull the same money as a Stock 930 from the factory. One set of guys will say their ideal should bring more $$ the other theirs.

Does that make sense?

Most of the prices I've seen for good examples are in the 30k range. There are some owners holding out for more... but I haven't seen them sell.
Old 06-24-2005 | 03:07 AM
CrAzYcArGuY
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a DP that is on Ebay right now. Porsche : 930 935 DP Rare, Authentic, 1985 DP Motorsport 935, LOW MILES
Jim can you take some pics of the car she has? Thanks.

Current bid: US $45,000.01 (Reserve not met)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW
Old 06-24-2005 | 08:34 AM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by senna21
Someone here is looking to pick one up. Look for the thread 996 to 930, or something like that.

I'd depend on the car but, I'd say it'd be in the ball park with most 930s. Some guy's love pure stock and some like an outlandish car like the DP. Both seem to tote the same price line. In other words if the car's in good condition with all Books and Records I'd say it'd pull the same money as a Stock 930 from the factory. One set of guys will say their ideal should bring more $$ the other theirs.

Does that make sense?

Most of the prices I've seen for good examples are in the 30k range. There are some owners holding out for more... but I haven't seen them sell.

I agree. I always look for stock unmolested cars, but I would think there are people who might look specifically for "tuner" cars and might be willing to pay a premium for that car, as long as it was done but a "well known" tuner and was rare.

This car doens't have the doucumentation and I was hoping there was a way to help her acquire something to prove what the car was??

I did see the car on EBAY, this car is similar. I am hoping to get some pictures today, and I will post them.

Quick Reply: Value of DP 930???