911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Fabspeed BMC F1 Intake

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 07:44 PM
Brent 930
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John,

I now last summer you sent me a cone to test out but looks like I won't ever get around to doing it.
Old 04-09-2005, 07:50 PM
jhunt@huntinter
Pro

I was wondering what happened with that. Mabye someone else wants to volunteer and test it?

Last edited by jhunt@huntinter; 04-09-2005 at 08:26 PM.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:55 PM
Sameer
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any latest updates guys on this Fabspeed induction air filter?
Old 10-24-2005, 12:17 PM
Sameer
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Friends,
I wrote to Joe Fabiani of Fabspeed and this is what he had to say abt the Fabspeed F1 BMC intake for the 930:

HI Sameer
Here are the answers to your questions>

-How is you rinduction kit better over my current setup?
FABSPEED AIRINTAKE KITS FLOWS MORE AIR AND IS BETTER THAN ANY OTHER SYSTEM AND SUPPORTS UP TO 550HP. IT ALLOWS MUCH EASIER WORK AND VALVE ADJUSTMENTS FOR THE ENGINE AND YOU CAN SPOT LEAKS MUCH EASIER. MAINTENANCE IS SO SIMPLE AND THE ENGINE CAN FINALLY BE APPECIATED IN ALL ITS GLORY. THE FABSPEED BMC F1 SYSTEM WILL ADD POWER OVER ANY FACTORY OR AFTERMARKET SYSTEM AND IS A GREAT VALUE FOR THE PRICE.

-Will it fit behind my Kokeln intercooler?
OUR SYSTEM FITS BEHIND THE LARGEST INTERCOOLERS AND WE HAVE SOLD TO KOKELN EQUIPPED 930 CARS.

-How will the air get in if it’s blocked by the intercooler?
PORCSHE MOTORSPORTS ON THEIR 934 CARS USED A SIMILRA AIRINTAKE SYSTEM AND FABSPEED DESIGNED OUR SYSTEM TO BE LIKE PORSCHE MOTORSPORTS RACECARS OF THE 1970S AND 1980S. THE ENGINE HAS NO PROBLEM ALLOWING THE AIR TO GET SUCKED INTO OUR BMC F1 FILTER. THERE IS A TON OF NEW AND FRESH AIR BEING PULLED INTO THE ENGINE BAY BY THE FAN. AIR ALSO RUNS AROUND AND OVER THE TOP OF THE INTERCOOLER.

-Do you have any before and after dyno results?
I HAVE NOT HAD A CHNACE TO DYNO. I WOULD LIKE A STOCK VERSUS FABSPEED DYNO TEST. I HAVE SOLD SYSTEMS TO SHOP OWNERS WITH MODIFIED 930 CARS AND SOME OF THESE GUYS HAVE DYNOES………..AND HAVE TOLD ME AFTER DRIVING THEIR CARS THE CARS FEEL BETTER AND SLIGHTLY STRONGER…………….BUT THE BIGGEST BENEFIT IS GETTING THAT HEAVY LOUSY METAL AIRBOX OFF THE TOP OF THE ENGINE. OUR SYSTEM HAVE TO MAKE MORE POWER THAT STOCK………..AS THE STOCK 930 AIRBOX IS STEEL AND HEATS UP AND “BAKES” THE INCOMING AIR THAT IS GETTING SUCKED TO THE ENGINE. PORSCHE DIDN’T HAVE PLASTICS TECHNOLOGY BACK THEN AND STEEL AIRBOXES ARE WHAT THEY USED.

Thanks

Joe Fabiani
Old 10-24-2005, 02:15 PM
jhunt@huntinter
Pro

The photos that I have seen of the 934's had the fuel meter down closer to the turbo with a screen air filter to keep the big rocks out. Not routed from behind the engine (Bruce Andersons book I think). However the various teams probably tried a number of different solutions.

Don't forget that the race teams also rebuilt there motors every 24 hours. Not everything "race" is good for our street cars.

John
Old 05-09-2006, 03:29 AM
diabolos88
Racer

The Fabspeed intake is not worth the money. You can easily make a look a like with just mounting a air filter right on the air meter plate like I did.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed BMC F1 Intake