911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Bruce Anderson - 2.61 litre twin turbo

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 06:16 PM
Peter Guldan
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bruce Anderson - 2.61 litre twin turbo

Bruce, my ISP dropped my .lck file (address book), lost your email, can't recall if you posted here, will try other boards as well, Pat Williams wanted me to tell you he finished the 2.61tt, first drive was Thursday and I've now updated his site with 54 pics of the build. If you 're running XP and IE 6.0 with security high, it'll block both the slide show popup, but more importantly, the mousoever explanations at the 2.61tt Homepage , might want to "allow blocked content" for this occassion. Can't tell you how tractable this car is with such a high specific hp, it's unbelievable. Between this induction setup, PWR-EFI-II and the clutch he worked with the mfr on, it drives like a street car such that they've since put it back on the rack, raised the ride height an inch, re-corner weighted it and he's now driving it on the street till the Sebring PCA race. How bout that engine? Just like the 2.1tt which was trimmed to 485hp for max longevity, this one'll be conservatively set up for 630hp or so - but better yet, it'll be in a 243lbs lighter car.

Say, did you see Pat's article in Excelllence? That's my white car in the second to the last pic on the 2.61tt page that they used. It's been a year this week with that EFI/544hp package motor combo, 4,000 miles of DE's and daily commutes without a whimper, dropping the bumper hitch for one of Sean's alloy chassis mounted ones so I can haul my bike to antique meets this Spring with it. Send Pat a note if you get a chance and hope you can join us at Sebring this year - we're GT3R#134 and F#47.

Cheerio,
Peter
Old 01-25-2005, 12:53 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default re: sebring

Hi peter ,
Did i understand you correctly , that you are running a 911 TT 2.65 L next month at sebring in GT3 R ? Wow, that would be well using the loose PCA rules as to category by displacement regardless of mods. to the best , just as the same way the factory goes racing. Well i will be there and i think you have opened up a pandoras box as i can see a lot of 2.65 L 911's popping up now,
as they run from the competition in gt1and gt2.

would love to see the car run , as the time to beat now in gt3r is 2.14 around
sebring and there are 5 cars i know of in the 2.14-2.16 time range should make for great racing ..

Best of luck,
regards ,
wayne
www.tpgproducts.com
Old 01-25-2005, 12:12 PM
Peter Guldan
Cruisin'

Default re: Sebring

Howdy Wayne,

Actually, it exactly meets the 1.3 multiplier for GT3R at 2.6 litres and change and if Pat's 1965 based 2.1 litre twin turbo in GT4R was any indication over the last year or so, will hardly open a pandora's box of everyone going to this format, as, quite frankly, the economics rule out all but the most dedicated air-cooled enthusiast. To meet bore/stroke ratio requirements, this motor has custom crank, rods, pistons and cylinders. Though Pat builds dozens of C/E/F class engines to one of these, Ironically, in retrospect, the initial cost of the 2.1tt, though high on the front end has amortized well as it has proven incredibly durable, 40 hours of flat out sprints including Rennsport on the 40th, and it only needed a very light freshening before going to the New Orleans PCA race where the owner poled and won overall. As a working stiff - I'm with a large express company with purple planes - whose budget leans more to F class and DE's, and, one would assume, more sympathetic to the less exotic approach to reaching the front of the grid; actually I'm glad to see and especially hear these mechanical masterpieces run. It's a rare treat.

Uh oh, the guantlet's being thrown down here with Sebring class lap times being bandied about. Not to explain away a possibly less than stellar showing, but short story here. The owner of this car, a very technically proficient business man with a variety of other vehicles wanted "something unique" and to "build it like it's yours" - to the extent you'll see it has only PWR graphics on it. Well, it gets better, one thing led to another and Pat will be the principal Sprint driver while the owner races his other car in F to double up in the enduro, only problem? Pat's home track is Road Atlanta, Though he's crew chiefed for Racer's Group and White Lightening at Sebring, he's never driven it. So, he'll be taking to the track in March in a new car with simulator driving time only.

Cheerio,
Peter
Old 01-25-2005, 12:21 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Hello Peter ,

I also have friend there in memphis , who works for that purple plane co..
Well i hope to see you and the car there at sebring as we run gt4 and gt3 too

remember 1 is unique 2 is an epidemic.....

Wayne
Old 01-25-2005, 12:25 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

And Oh,
The car is beautiful and well done great work.
Wayne
Old 01-25-2005, 03:38 PM
Peter Guldan
Cruisin'

Howdy Wayne,

GT3 and GT4, what 's your numbers? I'll stop by and say 'howdy', be looking for this bloke (select Members and my name) - nope, I'll be on foot, got to jumpseat into this gig on the company plane so the scooter stays at home - seen your posts in the, shall we say, spirited debate at the 930 EFI Conversion roundtable, look forward to talking to you.

The car? Can't claim any contribution to it, only Pat's website/content - but that's a long story for the Sebring paddock at the end of the day.

Cheerio,
Peter

Quick Reply: Bruce Anderson - 2.61 litre twin turbo