Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

How to evaluate mods done by the previous owner?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 01:16 PM
omega
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bob haved lots of old and corvetts and porsche porsche being the best .every car I own was a gut feeling purchase. always look at the small stuff . loose wires , little thing installed wrong , missing screws , stuff like that it always tells you the major stuff is not up to par , never bought a bad car!! as far as porsche mods go . I'm on my third 76 turbo, 86 turbo 996tt. all with mods. stock when I bought them. look at the quality of workmanship, who did the install, some shops install for bucks some for the love of it and the money . visit the shop you can tell the min you walk in the door really. a guy that sez this car is great but needs ... never love his car or it would be purfect thanks steve
Old 01-09-2005, 01:30 PM
omega
Racer

Default porsche for bob

have 86 turbo with some mods and love 4 speed is great tall 1st gear is way better for traffic the car has never been a daily driver.. just to pca stuff and sunday drives. I disagree about bost mods only if owner is useing race fuel. and has an enrichment sys, i have both and use redline oil. we did my 60,000 service at 54,000 , we peeke at the pistons for fun . could not belive how clean and ppppurfect they looked , just do all the right stuff and your car will be bullet proof!!! GOOD LUCK Steve por100x @YAHOO.COM
Old 01-09-2005, 09:09 PM
Bob Prosser
Addict
Rennlist Member

Great advice, Steve, thank you. I very much understand the "gut feeling purchase" you mention. That's how I have done many deals -- sizing up the people can tell you volumes about the car -- if you ask the right questions, and listen very closely.

Quick Reply: How to evaluate mods done by the previous owner?