911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

billet battery box i made

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 07:16 PM
Garibaldi
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by irover
Completely foolish. Why do you waste so much time and effort on a battery box? Besides you snug fit your battery, next time you change you might have to make a new one, since batteries aren't always the same size. And a sheet metal or plastic box would weigh less than this piece of ****.

But, your skills with the CNC router are at least doubtless. I honour you for that.

Thank you. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, makes no difference to me if you were my next door neighbor. I built this battery box to satisy one of my passions, and the fact of batteries changing size ties in with the fact that my passion for women, which seem to change size as well, so I guess I will need to make more of them. AND to discuss the correct temperature to serve mashed potatoes, I find that 300-350 seems best, but that also depends on when you plan on putting the stick of butter in.

I dont have any skills on a CNC router, I dont own one, that piece was done by hand. If you want to make one, I would suggest you use some duct tape and just stick it to the floor, stretch a jock strap around it give it added insurance from shifting around, that way you can accomodate any battery you may have to fit in your car. I honor your honesty though.

You shoudl check out the fuel cell bracket I made, I woudl love to hear what your thoughts are on that, heres the link in the 996 turbo forum:

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-turbo-forum/154853-billet-fuel-cell-skeleton-i-just-finsihed-machining.html
Old 09-02-2004, 08:53 AM
irover
Advanced

Just look what i started just by saying what's on my mind. That's the purpose of discussion forums isn't it? Anyways, you're all wrong because i don't live in France and i'm not French. But rude i am.

Garibaldi, your billet tank thingie is even uglier than i possibly ever could imagine! Great job though and you don't even use a computer as most people would have done. But why don't you start carving jet fighters out of titanium instead of working on stupid cars? Yours skills are wasted, man.

Last edited by irover; 09-02-2004 at 09:12 AM.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:31 AM
Brent 930
Racer

Who is this guy???

You should be kicked off the board.

Excellent comment Garibaldi, keep up the good work.
Old 09-02-2004, 01:38 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 106 Posts

Irover,

Not that anyone cares where you are from, even less now. My comment to DKnebes had nothing to do with you, he proved to be a gentleman, but you still think you are sooo funny. You are free to your opinion of course, but in general we have some ethics and respect for people's work in this place that you obviously lack.

Brent, every town has a fool, this guy is just hilarious.
Garibaldi I apologize for contributing to the post hijack.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:41 PM
Garibaldi
Instructor

Dont worry about iroovers comments, i did notice that now hes from luxembourg. offended I am not, so dont everyone get all in an uproar, the guy is just messing around

So irover, are you my next customer, what can I make for you? Give me some work so I can buy a CNC and stop wasting my time on these stupid, foolish projects I have been working on, hire a $5/hr guy to push a button and I can go relax on a beach somewhere. I ship FedEx, so no matter where you live, I can send it out to you. Or better yet, I can fly it over when I finish my titanium jet fighter, I should be done with it next week. I'll post some pics and you can tell me what you think.

Last edited by Garibaldi; 09-02-2004 at 11:57 PM.
Old 09-03-2004, 06:46 AM
irover
Advanced

Thanks Garibaldi. I really think you are a good craftman, seriously. So maybe i will want you to do some stuff for me in the future.

And to Jean i would like to say that you Americans are all the same and as soon as you gets critizised you try to swipe it under the carpet. Just look at your current president for a good example. It is neither a bad thing nor unethical to say your opinion as long as you don't offend people. I haven't said Garibaldi is stupid or anything like that, i just didn't like his things. I expected him to take it like a man and he did, more than you do. I don't like to see all these young people spending big bucks on fake mufflers, wheels, neon lights under the car, intercooler-fakes, ugly paintworks etc etc. When i saw the stuff Garibaldi makes i had some associations with that. I'm not much for details or finish, i just want the car to go fast. There was for example a matte Black 3 litre 930 pictured on this forum, and i loved that car, it is 100% my taste. I also gave the guy my opinion about it. Strangely, that time i wasn't critisized for giving my opinion... But if you Brent wants to kick me off this forum then fine, call the moderator and tell him what terrible things i have done. I don't care about it really, a forum that's not open for everybodys opinions, good or bad, is not a forum worth joining anyway.

I am also member on a UK based forum for Lancia Integrale cars, and we have plenty of people who are critizising and making fun of others without they take it like twits. English sense of humor is very self ironic by the way, and i guess i am too.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:24 PM
Garibaldi
Instructor

The flat black turbo was my car, WAS being the operative word I sold it about 4 months ago But i would have hoped that the stuff I made woudl be seen as a little more tasteful than some neon lights, a fake intercooler, or those plastic hubcaps that resemble the real chrome spinners- you know the ones that you can get at Pep Boys to make you 1985 Chevy Cavalier look almost like you dropped 10 grand on a set of rims.

I'm glad I didnt polish the peices when I was done and just left them with the raw machined finish, otherwise irover, you woudl have had a field day with me

Old 09-03-2004, 04:03 PM
m42racer
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

irover,

You know that nuclear bomb all you Europeans are so scared of, and ask the USA to protect you from.

Designed, and Made in the USA by Dumb, Stupid Americans.

Hey, who said we didn't have a sense of humor.
Old 09-03-2004, 04:23 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by irover
And to Jean i would like to say that you Americans are all the same
Irover, does Jean sound American to you , who lives in Luxembourg ( at least today )?

I just believe your choice of words was not adequate. I've driven Lancia Integrale in rallyes, it seems you do not have such a bad taste after all.

I'm ending it here..

Christian, thanks for sharing your great work.
Old 09-03-2004, 07:45 PM
Garibaldi
Instructor

Now irover, as to the most important answer to all of these questions- the correct temperature to serve mashed potaotes, I have found a new twist, towards the end of the month, as opposed to the beginning, it seems to be more favourable to reduce the number by 30 degrees. This way everyone seems to eat more of them. What have you found in your opinion to be most tasty? As per the percentage of butter/salt/pepper ratio- eh............we'll get into that next time

Noone should really get all bent, you know that saying- you canty please all the people..... or however it goes.

Like I said, I respect irovers honesty, anyone who is honest for that matter.

So..... I know summers over, but I got some good deals on some male bikini thongs, one is leopard print, and the other is see through white mesh. If I post some pics up of me in them, can I count on an equally honest opinion on how I look in them from you?

A little levity always helps to keep things in perspective

Last edited by Garibaldi; 09-03-2004 at 08:19 PM.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:00 PM
m42racer
Three Wheelin'

holly hell, check out that battery box!!
Old 09-04-2004, 12:14 AM
Garibaldi
Instructor

Nice right? How about that stack of D-cells for ya??? err, maybe AA's
Old 09-04-2004, 12:24 AM
Sameer
Race Car

I think you've done a great job on the battery box Garibaldi. Keep it up.
Old 09-06-2004, 05:53 PM
AeroGT3RedWing
Racer

i don't see why irover is being bashed so much. i personally think the battery box is a waste of time as well, but i admire the skill that went into it. i think its ridiculous that people are not allowed to criticize on this board. as long as it doesn't breed into ad hominem attacks, what is the problem? irover said the battery box was a stupid waste of time, but he said nothing derogatory about its creator. i don't see a problem in this. my respect to garibaldi for taking the criticism like a man, and for what it was. and also to irover for having the cojones to give it but to keep it reasonable.
Old 09-06-2004, 06:25 PM
skipdup
Track Day

Originally Posted by AeroGT3RedWing
i don't see why irover is being bashed so much.
Simple. Because his comment was rude.

Quick Reply: billet battery box i made