911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Blaupunkt Reno code

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2023, 07:41 PM
ahenthus
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Blaupunkt Reno code

A PO replaced the original Reno with a Clarion CD that recently died. The original Reno came with the car. Other than a Ruf boost gauge and an under dash AIC the interior is completely stock. I have searched for threads on restoring the code without much luck. I do remember several years ago finding a post somewhere about a website that explained how to reinstall radios as long as you had the serial number of the radio and maybe your VIN. It may have been a post by Mark Houghton. I really don't even know if the stock wiring harness is still in the dash because I haven't removed the Clarion yet. The Clarion may just have a blown fuse or something easy but I want to return it to stock anyway. I don't use the radio much in the 930 but I do have maybe a thousand cassettes of all genres except rap. Well actually I do have one rap tune and it's the original rap tune, "Subterranean Homesick Blues" from 1965. Any help will be appreciated. I attached a picture that includes the serial number. Not sure but I think the serial number is PO4980K7951705.

Old 11-16-2023, 08:19 PM
ahenthus
Instructor

I just realized maybe I should've posted the above on the 911 (74-89) UnTurbo discussion that obviously has much more traffic than the 930 discussion. Maybe a moderator can move it. I guess I just went to the familiar discussions without thinking about forum traffic. I guess I'll redo it tomorrow if it's not moved by a moderator.
Old 11-17-2023, 11:47 AM
mr. rpm
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

As I recall the Reno does not require a code
Old 11-17-2023, 12:22 PM
ahenthus
Instructor

Originally Posted by mr. rpm
As I recall the Reno does not require a code
Thanks, Mr. I hope you're right, it'll make my life easier. Now if I can just pull the Clarion out and find a fully intact Reno harness and the Reno is serviceable my day will be made.
Old 11-17-2023, 02:28 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 268 Posts

Your old radio most likely needs an internal refresh as the capacitors leak, inductors change property, the tape drive mechanism will need fresh "belt" and the speed reset, the output amplifiers may be blown out as well, and often the solder joints need a "touch up" after all these years.

I would suggest Mr. Massoud owner of Creative Car Audio Shop in CA +1(714) 744-4438; Creative Car Audio Shop Classic Becker & Blaupunkt Radios
He can recapture your code if need be, restore your radio, and also incorporate BT into the old radio in case that you want to "stream".

He has restored 3 radios for me as I have also returned some of my cars back to stock: 965, E30M3, and a 242GLT.

Last edited by Igooz; 11-17-2023 at 02:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Blaupunkt Reno code