Help with '77 Turbo Carrera!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 01:47 AM
BluemaxxRacing
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with '77 Turbo Carrera!

Hey guys!

I recently ran across a '77 Turbo Carrera for sale at a local dealership and was wondering what I should think about before purchasing one of these cars? What are the things to keep an eye out for and most importantly, what is a decent price for car with 85,000 miles, weathered exterior and a clean and well maintained interior. This is all I have gathered from looking at the car from the outside.

Let me know what you think! Thanks!!
Old 05-20-2004, 01:51 AM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts

Hi Rich:

I would strongly suggest a thorough PPI performed by people who are very familar with 930's.

At 85K miles, I would ask for the car's maintenance records (if available) and have it checked out by an expert.

No matter what the asking price is, a proper engine rebuild and chassis freshening can well exceed the value of the car so be very careful about assessing its mechanical condition.
Old 05-20-2004, 01:59 AM
BluemaxxRacing
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve,

Thank you very much for the suggestions! As it turns out, one of good friends happens to be a top Porsche technician in FL. He also used to own a '77 TC that was very similar to the one I am looking at. If I get serious with this car, I plan on having him check it out thoroughly for sure!! Either way, your comments help alot! Anyone else out there?

Quick Reply: Help with '77 Turbo Carrera!