Car is acting up again, help!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2004, 12:51 AM
74carreraturbo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Car is acting up again, help!!

well sooner or later ill get a months straight enjoyment out of this thing

i have a 3.0 turbo with K27, electromotive, and some other stuff and it has been running very rich lately... about a month ago, i drove it around, and the idle went to almost zero(but it held idle) and the next day i tried to get it running but all it would do was sputter around the block... i pulled it back in, and let it sit a few days and tried again when it was cold, and it did the same thing.. it would sputter if i rev it, sputter until boost kicked in and fall flat on its face, OR sputter until i matted it and it would get into boost perfectly and run great well last week i tried warming it up around the block a few times, and it did its usual sputter ritual, and then i decided to wash it and put it away.. when i fired it up after washing it, it fired up perfectly.. no sputter... but i did notice my temp gauge stayed pegged cold(wouldnt move even though the car was warmed up) and my oil pressure gauge stayed put at the 5, even when it was idling?!?! when i shut it off, it dropped to zero, so i dont know whats up there.. fast forward to tonight, i tried to get the car to warm up again, and it wouldnt, even after driving it for 10 miles or so to see if it would be ok.. when i was going down my street i noticed the whole street behind me lit up and my car was pouring flames out the exhaust going like 10MPH i quickly got in the driveway(more flames), shut it off and pushed it into my garage... My tuner thinks my injectors are shot, and im sure he's right, but could there be other things that are going on here?? anyone have any idea what would cause it to do things like this? sorry for being so long, i just try to be detailed so i can get the best help
Old 05-15-2004, 04:18 AM
D
Instructor

May be the cold start injector if your year has one? Its located behind the throttle at the back of the intake. If it sticks open the car will run very rich at low rpms and load. Until you get on boost, then it is an accidental enhancement!
Old 05-15-2004, 12:46 PM
74carreraturbo
Racer

is there anything i can do to check that? replace it? or just try to yank it myself and see if thats the problem?? its a motor out of a 76-77 930, and i think it does have a cold start injector??

Quick Reply: Car is acting up again, help!!