Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

could I get some opinions on this car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 01:16 PM
acastell
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I looked at this car yesterday...the car is in very nice condition cosmetically. The service records are spotty at best. The interior should be seen in person...it a little odd, but Porsche quality. Appears factory...

The only real negative was the oil collection under the engine. I am not a mechanic, but I did get down and look at the engine. There was oil collecting at the bottom. I know that leaks are common, but they drive me nuts.

The staff is very helpful, as you pointed out and it appears that they have very nice cars! I would have no hesitation buying from them...

AC
Old 05-05-2004, 01:23 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

These cars do leak. Just depends on how much and how big it is to fix. Most leaks are actually easy fixes themselves but sometimes you can get at em quickly and replace a seal or something and other times your wrencher has to pull the engine. OK, this is what my wrench tells me. I got 3-4 weeper leaks on mine. A couple are cheap fixes, a couple others are not. No sense in fixing the leaks that require the engine removed until I decide to upgrade the rear end. These things are all oil though. If you think 911s are notorious for leaking though, you should see Land Rovers.

On a semi related note, does anyone else's oil gauge pretty much do nothing. Ive been in 3-4 911/930s and I cant remember an oil gauge that worked worth a darn.

Quick Reply: could I get some opinions on this car?