911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Need Assistance w/ 930 dashboard knobs

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2021, 12:45 PM
930SN
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need Assistance w/ 930 dashboard *****

Hello 930 Enthusiasts, I hope all is well.

I have a Euro 82 930. Regarding my dashboard *****, only my heated rear defroster lights up when the main light **** is turned to the on position. It lights dim when in the off position and when pulled out, lights up more brightly (attaching pics).

I am wondering if all my ***** are suppose to be this way (main headlights, rear fog-light and cigarette lighter). I have unscrewed and switched the ***** around, but they still don't light up. I think it would be really cool at night if they all did operate like my rear defroster ****.

Thank you for your input.

Old 11-21-2021, 09:46 AM
911X2
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

930SN - I also have a 1982 ROW 930. My front, rear fogs, and cigarette lighter all function. Here is what happens on my dash:

Headlights on

Then headlights on and rear de-fogger on:

Headlights on, rear de-fogger on, front fog lights on

Cigarette lighter works but the light does not iluminate.

Front fogs

Rear fog

I hope this helps.
Old 11-21-2021, 07:40 PM
930SN
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello TurboX2, Thank you- Very helpful.

As I see it, my fog light **** should be lighting up with the main lights on like yours, but it does not.

What's interesting is that when I unscrew my rear defroster **** and switch it out with fog light ****, neither light up with the main head light to the ON position. So I think both the wiring for the fog light **** hosing and maybe the bulb in the **** itself must be defective? I will probably have to order a new fog light **** with a working bulb and have the wiring fixed.

Two question- Does your actual front headlight **** by the ignition switch light up when it is in the ON position? And lastly, my cigarettes lighter works but again it does not light up. I know yours does not either, but should it?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Need Assistance w/ 930 dashboard knobs