911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Vintage 930 Recaro Seats!!??

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 03:32 PM
highboy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Vintage 930 Recaro Seats!!??

Hello 930 folk - I've got a question about some OEM Recaro seats I found in a gentlemans garage over the weekend. These seats are in perfect original shape and with all the adjustments and electronic control panel I'm intriged to thier origin.

After hussling home I did some research on the web about Recaro seats and to the best of my knowledge these are 1973 - 1977 Vintage Recaro C-Standard Leather seats. The seats have a electronic control panel in the lower left thigh bolster - does any body know what this seat may be worth and what all the cotrols are for (i.e., heating, cooling, etc...). Also, can anybody tell me what I will need to retro fit these into my '72 911.

Thanks
Tom
Old 02-23-2004, 09:03 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

They sound like seats from the 80's, not the 70's.

Are there any motors under the seats? If so, then the controls would be for the usual front/back/up/down.

Any pics?

Just a few guesses.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:59 AM
highboy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the info. - after scoping the "History of Recaro" on their home page the only pictures i could find that match the seats were in the 1973 to 1977 years - So who knows, I am yet to find a good resource for vintage Recaro seats. The guy who has them mentioned all the controls (what ever they do) worked when he pulled the seats out of his 930 in swap for race seats. As for motors, yes thier are motors all over the place - what's strange is there are manuel adjustment ***** for both thigh bolsters, upper torso tilt, both upper torso bolsters, and forward & aft slide, therefore, i'm guessing the controls are for bladder lumbar, heat and cooling (?)

anyhow, i'm going to purchase the seats along with a lot of other parts he has, including: a complete set of new steel wide body flares, SSI heater boxes, fiberglass RS America tail and lots of misc.

anybody looking for parts?

tom
Old 02-24-2004, 09:12 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I would buy them also. They sound like good seats even if they aren't rare? If you don't use them, you can always sell em.

Jim

Quick Reply: Vintage 930 Recaro Seats!!??