911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Stuttgard Tours?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 02:16 PM
Gino
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Stuttgard Tours?

As a lucky Global Product Manager, sometimes the places I go ARE interesting enough to enjoy one self. Next month I get to go to Dusseldorf, Germany.

I understand Stuttgart is about 3 hours away. Has anyone ever been to "the factory"? Is there some kind of guided tour? Or, a real 'reason' to go there? I've been under the impression it's a trip worth taking...
Old 01-12-2004, 03:05 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

THey don't give tours, or they did not the times I went to the gates an begged. They have a nice little museum there but thats about it. THe first time I was there I was going to school in Italy and took the train there for the weekend in hopes of getting a tour. I even stayed to Monday and ditched class, to no avail. I took pics of the rows of 911's waiting to go out. I went back in the 1990's and got the same story..... no tours.
Old 01-12-2004, 09:23 PM
Dan89_930
Instructor

Gino: Those who "just show up" at the factory are not guaranteed a tour - in fact, when I was there 4 years ago, a couple of people tried to "beg" onto a tour and were denied. Then another person showed up without a reservation, showed their Porsche Club card and was allowed to join a tour.

For my tour, I contacted PCA in VA (703-451-9000). Ruth Harte was the PCA person who helped organize my trip. She has since retired, but I'm sure someone there has taken over those responsibilities. Give them a call. PCA will contact the factory and will arrange a tour based on availability.

It is ABSOLUTELY a trip worth taking. If you are THAT close to Zuffenhausen, DO IT!!

Dan
Old 01-13-2004, 01:23 PM
Gino
Racer

Smile I'm in...

Called PCA-NA and spoke w/Kerry Carter (800-446-7978, x8) who sets up reservations for tours at both Stuttgart Factory and Museum. Apparently you CAN NOT just show up, beg, and show your PCA card.

It's free with your advanced reservations... I'll take some pictures and post next month if my business arrangements don't get in the way.

Quick Reply: Stuttgard Tours?