911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Looking for 930 sport seats

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2003, 09:43 AM
S4drifter
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Looking for 930 sport seats

I have checked the pelican parts classifieds, the PCA classifieds, EBAY and of course rennlist. Is there any other place I can look for the sport seats?
Thanks in advance
Old 12-29-2003, 12:02 PM
bogey1
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 112 Posts

I have a pair of original seats from my 94 3.6 Turbo. I think they are pretty similar to the older Sport seat, and will fit most cars. They are full power, not heated. The passenger seat is in excellent condition, and the drivers is in good-very good condition. They are light grey, but can be dyed to any dark color. If these have no interest for you for wahtever reason, you may try WeberSport in California. They refinish seats and make special order stuff for our cars. She may have some around, or know who may have spares in the garage. 831-771-9640. I have always spoken with Jeanne, but I think her husband also works with her.
Old 12-29-2003, 05:15 PM
S4drifter
Instructor

Thanks but I'll pass on your seats. I am looking for something original. I Just spoke with Jeanne, she has what I am looking for. Thanks for the referral! Sounds like they have lots of nice stuff and will be great to work with.
Old 12-30-2003, 08:49 AM
OVRSTR
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

S4, I've been looking for original sports seats for my '88 also. The stock seats suck...I slide all over the place and I just can't get perfectly comfortable and I've got the 12-way power adjustable ones. My current seats are heated, I don't think they made heated sports seats, but I never use the car in the winter anyway so I'd rather have the extra support rather than the heat. Could you please give me an approximate budget as to how much they'll cost? I'd love to do this before next spring. Thanks!
Old 12-30-2003, 10:46 AM
S4drifter
Instructor

Default OVRSTR, Here's what I found

I have the same seats as you but they are not heated. Heated seats WERE an option. Here's the deal, I've been looking for a while and found 2 places that can help.

LA Dismantler is a place that is essentially a junkyard for P-cars. I spoke to them yesterday and they have a pair of 930 sport seats (power) in great condition for $1,600. I do not want power seats.

The other place to go is webersport (see my post above). They were very helpful. The owner Jeanne essentially buys used seats then reconditions them to the customers preference. I would call her for pricing, but here's what she quoted me: Full leather sport seats (new leather) $2000 for the pair. I am adding red piping on each seat ($20 per seat) and having her put in harness strap holes for the shoulder and crotch ($35 per hole). Total cost for both seats will be $2,250. Go with Vinyl and you will save $300 on the pair.

I am going to ask her about an alcantra insert to help keep my but planted at the track.

Other than that you can comb ebay/rennlist/pca and pelican parts classifieds. I am puting in a dassport rollbar so while I have the seats out, I am going to do the swap.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 12-30-2003, 03:01 PM
ZCAT3
Three Wheelin'

I have heated sport seats in my 86 930. I later bought an 87 Carrera to use for DE and daily driver detail. It had the regular seats so I bought a pair of used sport seats from a poster on Pelican. The seats were in very good shape and cost $750 for the pair (full black leather with 4-way power). I was able to sell my old seats for $550, so it turned out to be a nice deal. I think you should be able to find a set of good sport seats for less than $1000. Remember that the 911s and 930s use the same seats.

Now if you want sub belt and harness guide holes in them then S4s setup sound pretty cool.

S4 - can you post of picture of these seats after you get them? I have never heard of anyone adding harness guide holes to the OEM seats.
Old 12-30-2003, 04:25 PM
S4drifter
Instructor

Not a problem. I am also looking to have the seat inserts (under butt and behind back) done in a faux suede like alcantara for better grip instead of the leather.

Webersport's catalog that is being sent to me has a photo of the exact setup I am looking for (with the exception of the suede inserts). I will scan and post as soon as I get it.
Old 12-31-2003, 11:20 AM
OVRSTR
Instructor

S4 & ZCAT, thank you very much for the info. It's much appreciated!
Old 01-02-2004, 06:38 PM
S4drifter
Instructor

Default Got the catalog. Here's the photo

930 sport seats with harness holes from webersport. Sorry for the lousy scan:

Old 01-05-2004, 06:05 PM
ZCAT3
Three Wheelin'

That is very cool - I wonder what they would charge to retrofit the seats already in my car?

Quick Reply: Looking for 930 sport seats