Roll bar help needed...

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2003, 04:29 PM
S4drifter
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Roll bar help needed...

I posted this on the 911 forum as well.

Installing a Dassport weekender bolt-in bar. I have removed the driver's seat and have run into two problems which should be a breeze for you guys

1.) The instructions call for the removal of the fold down part of the rer seats. Problem is, on the drivers side The large bolt mounted to the side of the car will not budge, looks a little rusted, so I applied some WD40, got the largest screwdriver I could find, Attached some vice-grips to the end so I could get some torque, and **SNAP** goes the head of my screwdriver. Any ideas how I can get this thing off?

2.) the motor on the power seat for the passenger side that moves the seat forward does not work. Up, down, tilt, lumbar, sure they all work, but not front to back. This is necssary (probably) to put the bar in place, but worse, I cannot get to the bolts to remove the seats. Any ideas? is there a manual override?

3.) finally, If I do get the seat out, I may replace them with something like a Recaro SRD or SPG or pole position. Will they fit with the bar?

Car is an 87 turbo coupe.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 12-21-2003, 12:08 AM
Eric 930
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try useing a manual impact with a screwdriver attachment. If your not familiar with this type of impact, it's the type that is spring loaded and you hit the back of it with a hammer. You can get them in 3/8 or 1/2" drive. I purchased mine from Snap-On but I think sears carries them as well. They work great and really have got me out of alot of jams.

Eric
79 930
Old 12-21-2003, 09:15 AM
S4drifter
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks Eric. I'll tke a trip to sears today!

Quick Reply: Roll bar help needed...