911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

30K maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2003, 09:56 PM
rocketrider2
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 30K maintenance

Quick question, when I get my car out of storage for the winter it will be due for the 30K maintenance. I know this is the expensive one but when I bought the car the dealer agreed to perform this for no charge. My question is this, what all is done at this point and would this be a good time to do some upgrades? Basically if parts are off and I have new parts to go back on the labor charge would be greatly reduced. The car to my knowledge only has a quad tip borla exhaust and 1 bar spring. Any recommendations on what to do at this point? I was leaning toward the headers that are on sale in this section, any pointers welcome. Thanks guys

Lane
Old 12-19-2003, 10:50 PM
Sameer
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

rocketrider2,
If you want to run at 1 bar, make sure you have a bigger intercooler for adequate cooling. I'd go with Kokeln like most would. You should seriously get in touch with Stephen at www.imagineauto.com
After the intercooler, I'd go with the headers. B&B or GHL both are good.
Old 12-23-2003, 08:18 PM
rocketrider2
Racer

I guess maybe I didn't phrase my question well. So here goes again. At the 30k maintenance what parts will come off the engine? Will the intercooler be off? The exhuast manifolds? etc? I am thinking this would be a good time to upgrade some parts. And yes Sameer I definitely want to upgrade the intercooler as well. I am just wondering what all I can take advantage of at that point in time. All inputs welcome.

Thanks
Old 12-23-2003, 08:46 PM
ZCAT3
Three Wheelin'

Maybe Stephen will chime in, but I would think this service would include a valve adjustment, spark plugs, perhaps a new distributor cap and/or plug wires, an oil and filter change, a new air filter, new fan belt and AC belt, and checking a lot of other little things. The intercooler will need to come out for the valve adjustment. The headers will not need to come off, but this would not be a bad time to upgrade them.

Given that your car is at least 15 years old, this type of service should have already been done at least a few times as service intervals should be based on time or mileage - whichever is reached first.

Quick Reply: 30K maintenance