Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Certificate of Authenticity #'s for Porsche What ones?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 02:52 PM
Benny771
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Certificate of Authenticity #'s for Porsche What ones?

HI:
Having a bit of trouble figuring out what numbers Porsche wants? Is it possible for someone to tell me what they look like? It's an 1989 Porsche. I have Photos but i'm not sure if i should post them. Its more the transmission i am confused with. Looking to sell the car and thinking a buyer would want this.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:49 AM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Here's an example.

Last edited by MUSSBERGER; 09-09-2019 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:28 AM
Benny771
Racer

When you sent yours in did you include the G5005 1 or just the other? just sent mine in without the first set of numbers..

Just got an email from Porsche saying "We are emailing you to make you aware that the PPS has been updated. We will no longer list the engine and transmission number on a PPS, rather we will list the engine displacement. We also now offer the Classic Technical Certificate (CTC) which is a comprehensive certificate providing important production information and technical specifications of your Porsche. For information regarding the CTC, please visit the below website.

https://www.porsche.com/usa/accessor...leinformation/

If you wish to cancel your PPS order, please make us aware within 2 business days. If we do not hear from you, we will automatically place your order into process.

Last edited by Benny771; 09-09-2019 at 05:40 PM.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:46 AM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Those are images from pelican. Mines an 88' therefore no G50 trans.
Old 09-10-2019, 12:54 PM
Benny771
Racer

Thank-you for your help...
Old 09-22-2019, 05:01 AM
nickey187
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Benny771
When you sent yours in did you include the G5005 1 or just the other? just sent mine in without the first set of numbers..

Just got an email from Porsche saying "We are emailing you to make you aware that the PPS has been updated. We will no longer list the engine and transmission number on a PPS, rather we will list the engine displacement. We also now offer the Classic Technical Certificate (CTC) which is a comprehensive certificate providing important production information and technical specifications of your Porsche. For information regarding the CTC, please visit the below website.

https://www.porsche.com/usa/accessor...leinformation/

If you wish to cancel your PPS order, please make us aware within 2 business days. If we do not hear from you, we will automatically place your order into process.
Hi,

Did you get the new PPS document? I was recently in contact with Porsche and intend to put an order for the PPS for my turbo, would be great to see a copy of how it looks after they changed it from the previous certificate.

//Nick
Old 09-22-2019, 06:06 AM
peterpullin
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

we all would like to see this new certificate. so pictures are more than welcome!

but: i do not like the idea behind that. you pay about 500 bucks, take your time to visit porsche and get the info:
we have to fix this and that, have to adjust that and this. olease agree - then we hand you this paper out.
this opens a new door for legal rip off....
Old 09-22-2019, 06:17 AM
nickey187
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by peterpullin
we all would like to see this new certificate. so pictures are more than welcome!

but: i do not like the idea behind that. you pay about 500 bucks, take your time to visit porsche and get the info:
we have to fix this and that, have to adjust that and this. olease agree - then we hand you this paper out.
this opens a new door for legal rip off....
Well there are two options, as i got this email response from PCNA:

”Similar to a birth certificate for a Porsche, we offer what is called the Porsche Production Specifications document (PPS); formerly referred to as the Certificate of Authenticity. This document lists vehicle specific information such as original manufacture options, exterior color, interior color, etc. Should you decide to purchase one, the order form can be found on our website.

In addition, we are proud to announce the arrival of the Classic Technical Certificate (CTC). This certificate provides the original data of your vehicle and is the only way to assure accuracy. The CTC lists vehicle specific information that is verified using the original records and includes a 63-point inspection performed by a Porsche Classic-trained technician. The CTC can only be obtained through our Porsche Classic Partners. For more information and to order a CTC, we invite you to visit our website by clicking here.”

But yes - to get a ”Certificate” i guess its a bit of a rip off, but i will be satisfied with a PPS.

/Nick

Quick Reply: Certificate of Authenticity #'s for Porsche What ones?