911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

New porsches made quiter???

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 01:52 AM
Andrewj2
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New porsches made quiter???

So I went to a Porsche dealership the other day and they told me that the 2017 911's were made quieter. This is very depressing for me because the first Porsche I drove was that a luxury rental and it was a 2015 and I love the way it sounds. Is there anyway that the new our porches can be made louder like they were before? Does anybody know what was done to the porches to make them quieter and if there's something I can do to make it sound like a 2015's
Old 08-28-2017, 12:55 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,039 Likes on 659 Posts

well first off, this is the wrong forum for that question. This is the 930 forum & you won't get a good broadcast for your question here. Better to go post it on the 991 forum.
Also, you did not even include exactly which car you are talking about!! You might want to include that.

2nd,.. I'll add that my porch is quiet as can be.... except when a race boat flys past my pier.

3rd,.. I'll add that while I was in Germany for 2 weeks back in May, and drove a bunch of the 2017's, I can say that the C4GTS sounded freakin' awesome while in "Sport" mode (it is dulled way down in regular mode,... and then when up in Sport Plus the revs stay so high that you do not hear the backpressure gurgles when letting off the gas). I'll admit they were NOT as loud as my aircooled 964 Turbo,... but I would not expect them to be. But the back pressure gurgles when letting off were intoxication. And the new 2017 Turbo was unbelievably stable at 285 km/hr. That front spoiler that drops down really makes a difference up at those speeds (& it sure helps that the Autobahn pavement is phenom smooth). I did notice that the Turbo had noticeably less gurgle sounds verses the GTS. We also drove a couple other variants (S, Cabs, Targa),... and if I had to choose only one new one, it would be the C4GTS. That thing was just way too much fun to drive & listen to.

=Steve

Quick Reply: New porsches made quiter???