Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2003, 03:56 PM
jstephanus
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default want others to be aware of a bad dealer

Guys,

I purchased my '01 996tt from a web based dealership named TexasToys.com

The problem is this...this dealer told me in an email that the seats were Sport Seats. This was in response to my questioning whether they were or not. They are not. I have tried for the last couple of months to get the dealer to work with me to resolve this issue as I am now having to spend more money to get seats that have reasonable lateral support. The dealer's final comment is that in essence they simply do not feel that they have any responsibility to make good on their false statement.

I do not know if I will be able to get any satisfaction on this, but I would hope that others will not fall prey to these people.

Thanks

John
Old 12-03-2003, 06:26 PM
evergreenturbo
1st Gear

John, I was looking at a 1994 Turbo that this dealer has now re-listed for a second time on Ebay. Any other issues with the 996tt? Bill.
Old 12-03-2003, 06:50 PM
jstephanus
Advanced

No...the car seems to be as advertised other than this issue. I would just caution you to be very careful as they do not seem to care that they misrepresented the car to me.

John
Old 12-03-2003, 09:32 PM
Dan89_930
Instructor

Moral of the story: Ask for both of the following when purchasing a car without seeing it yourself - a) digital pictures (or ask a local Rennlister to visually inspect the car for you) and b) the options codes and have them "decoded" so you know exactly what the factory options are.

Sorry you didn't get what was represented to you, but hopefully others will learn from your experience.

Dan
'97 993tt
Old 12-03-2003, 11:34 PM
S4drifter
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Had a bad experience with them as well....

Posted a month or two ago about them. I was looking at a 88 930 they were selling on ebay. they said the car was immaculate, had never been in an accident and was beautiful inside and out. Anyway, one of the members on this forum suggested Eurocar-Werk in Houston for a PPI.

Car was a mess. It had been in a MAJOR accident and not repaired well. The first cylinder they did a compression test on was losing 65%. The guy told me that this car was worth at least $10k less than they were asking. They re-listed the car after I backed out and did not change their ad at all. I explained everything the shop found, but they just threw the line back in the water to see if they could hook a sucker. ''

Sorry about your situation. Have you found a source for the sport seats? i am looking as well.

Anyway. Best of luck.

Quick Reply: want others to be aware of a bad dealer