87 door lock trouble

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 04:14 PM
87_Slant
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 87 door lock trouble

Hey Guys!

I have a 1987 911 with some door lock issues. The set screw on the rear of the key tumbler fell out. I pulled the door apart, put in a replacement screw, and put it all back together. But now, I cant lock the doors:

- When I hit the central locking system button, the locks pop back open.

- When I manually lock the doors from the inside, the Central Locking light goes from off, to on. I remember it being dimly lit when the doors were unlocked, and bright when engaged.

- When I try and lock from the driver side exterior, nothing happens.

- When I try and lock from the passenger exterior, the doors lock and then pop back up.

I found a post a while ago about this issue with details and pictures but I've been searching for an hour and cant find it. Any help will be much appreciated, thanks!

Last edited by 87_Slant; 05-26-2017 at 04:31 PM.
Old 06-07-2019, 03:19 AM
keokimelen
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 87_Slant
Hey Guys!

I have a 1987 911 with some door lock issues. The set screw on the rear of the key tumbler fell out. I pulled the door apart, put in a replacement screw, and put it all back together. But now, I cant lock the doors:

- When I hit the central locking system button, the locks pop back open.

- When I manually lock the doors from the inside, the Central Locking light goes from off, to on. I remember it being dimly lit when the doors were unlocked, and bright when engaged.

- When I try and lock from the driver side exterior, nothing happens.

- When I try and lock from the passenger exterior, the doors lock and then pop back up.

I found a post a while ago about this issue with details and pictures but I've been searching for an hour and cant find it. Any help will be much appreciated, thanks!
Did you get issue resolve? I have the same issue. I remove the door handle to get a new key made and, once I re-install everything back, now I can't lock doors with key on driver or passenger side. I can unlock with Central lock but I can't lock. I take door handle apart to trouble shoot problem but don't see anything issue that is obvious.
Old 06-07-2019, 11:38 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

Likely its the microswitch. you need to get back in there and ensure it's oriented correctly, that indicates to the system if the doors are locked or unlocked.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...se-advise.html

You need to make sure it's installed right and the tabs didn't break off.

Quick Reply: 87 door lock trouble