Rebel racing

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 01:47 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member
Veteran: Air Force

Received 161 Likes on 80 Posts
Default Rebel racing

Has anyone done business with them? I ordered some parts several weeks ago and have not received them. Clint was very pleasent when I placed the order and said the order would be shipped in a day or two.

I have sent several e mails which have not been answered . I have tried to call their first number gives a message That the mailbox is full. Their second number is constantly busy . Anyone have comments.

As I said I was impressed with my initial contact but now .... I don't know
Old 05-22-2017, 02:06 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Love them. Clint is living the dream. House by the beach in Moro Bay, shop inland at Paso Robles. Get's to deal with guys like us.

He helped with my brakes, my rear shocks, my strut and spindle mods, some bushings and mounts and a few other things along the way. I'll try his cell.

EDIT: Maybe he's busy.
Old 05-22-2017, 02:22 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member
Veteran: Air Force

Received 161 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Amber Gramps
Love them. Clint is living the dream. House by the beach in Moro Bay, shop inland at Paso Robles. Get's to deal with guys like us.

He helped with my brakes, my rear shocks, my strut and spindle mods, some bushings and mounts and a few other things along the way. I'll try his cell.

EDIT: Maybe he's busy.
Just got a call from him and the delay is caused by a back order on bulbs. I'm putting the RSR taillights on my car. Unfortunately we can't control manufacturer backorders.
Old 05-22-2017, 02:33 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Ah, good stuff. Love my R lights.

We stopped in Morro Bay on our recent 1,200 mile drive up the coast. I called Clint and he told us to go check out the southern most dock. There were some 15 sea otter moms nursing their pups.
Attached Images  
Old 05-22-2017, 02:52 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Do you remember the bulb's part number?

Susquehanna is where I got my lenses and bulbs back when only TRE had the backers.

http://www.rallylights.com/all/light-bulbs/l/hella
Old 05-25-2017, 09:58 AM
cbracerx
Rennlist Member

Received 401 Likes on 262 Posts

Had good experiences with Rebel - but Clint is a busy guy.
Old 08-28-2017, 01:20 PM
joseph mitro
Race Car

Received 246 Likes on 160 Posts

I ordered some parts online 8 days ago for my 996 from Rebel Racing.
Tried to call back at least 15 times to revise the order. First phone number is never answered; goes to voicemail (which is full). Second number is always busy. Tried emailing.....never received a response.

I've not received an order acknowledgement or even seen charges come through my account.

In my experience this is terrible customer service.
Old 08-28-2017, 03:46 PM
r911
Anti-Cupholder League

Received 117 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by joseph mitro
I ordered some parts online 8 days ago for my 996 from Rebel Racing.
Tried to call back at least 15 times to revise the order. First phone number is never answered; goes to voicemail (which is full). Second number is always busy. Tried emailing.....never received a response.

I've not received an order acknowledgement or even seen charges come through my account.

In my experience this is terrible customer service.
Hey - Clint is living the dream. Many of his customers are not. Tons of complaints all over the internet. A small biz is often subject to problems, but it seems he doesn't care much.

Did you pay with a credit card?
Old 08-28-2017, 08:01 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

LOL....You guys think you are dealing with Porsche? This is a two man operation. Clint is in the shop working on orders. The more you bug him the longer it's going to take to make and bill your orders.
Old 08-28-2017, 08:14 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

P.S.....took Clint about 30 seconds to respond to my text. He's on it.
Old 08-28-2017, 09:30 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Just got a call back from Clint. He checked his emails, his phone history, and all his orders for the last month. No calls, no nothing from Oklahoma. Nada. By your own admission you didn't complete an order as you got no confirmation and he didn't take your money. Now let's be honest.....I could bitch all day that Chevrolet didn't send me a new Z06 like I wanted. I wanted them to so it must be so. Damn them for not knowing I wanted one. It's bad customer service of them...... and me, oh I'm still a virgin.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:16 PM
Catorce
Banned

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

I have ordered at least TWO full suspension packages from Clint. I think I have spent over 15K with him, maybe more.

I am about to order a third full suspension package.

He is slow. His phone skills are horrible. If you were to run a business the way Clint runs it from a customer service standpoint, you'd be broke.

However, the products are outstanding when you do get them. I don't know what else to tell you. I'm not going to apologize for the way he runs his shizzle, because it sucks.

But I love Clint and Rebel Racing.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:24 PM
altonj
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Clint is a good guy, honest and trustworthy. We have used many of his products over the years. But communication is not always what we hope. You will get your parts, and you will be pleased with them...
Old 08-28-2017, 11:33 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

The really cool thing about Clint is that he is willing to talk tech. I had this suspicion that the additional or elongated flat spot on the rear sway bar on my car could have a second set of holes drilled into it providing multiple setting all stiffer than stock. He confirmed it. You can in effect create a stiffer rear anti-sway with the stock bar. Thank you Rebel S!! You rock!!!!
Old 08-30-2017, 12:21 PM
mrm 930
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

used clint on my 930 outlaw build. fabulous products. it looked like jewelry when I unwrapped them. he really need more people, however as a business owner myself - I know how hard the early years are, and it seems he has his hands full with growing pains.

however, I also tried elephant racing. Asked for a certain track/street combo and he kept sending me the wrong spec. Called him and he said he would send another proposal out - and it was the same thing again. tried talking to him, which was like talking to drywall, no personality. finally gave up and called Clint.

just my experience with both vendors

Quick Reply: Rebel racing