Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

throttle linkage question

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 12:20 AM
55-willys
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throttle linkage question

gas pedal went to the floor last night, 73 911t, found out the problem is it has come apart right above the transmission mount. looks like theres a piece of rubber or plastic that joins the rod from the engine to the rod to the pedal, just guessing, i havent removed the trans brace yet to check it out closer. is there a flexable piece here, and if so, is there anyone that knows where to buy one or could i just glue it back together. do i need to buy the whole cable ***.
Old 11-14-2003, 03:01 AM
911pcars
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cable ***. is okay. Purchase the coupler from the dealer or through the aftermarket. The coupler is supposed to isolate engine vibration from the gas pedal. Evidently, air is currently doing a much better job of isolation. :-)

Sherwood Lee
http://members.rennlist.org/911pcars
Old 11-14-2003, 03:06 AM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Hi:

Sounds like your throttle link broke. This is a rubber piece with threaded holes in each end for the throttle rods. These things are there to absorb some vibrations from the engine and keep torque reactions from causing the throttle to waver.

You need to visit your dealer and ask for one of these: 911.423.081.02. These new ones are encased in metal and will not strand you like that,....

Cheap, too.

Quick Reply: throttle linkage question