Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Shop tries to steal dead guy's 911

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 05:48 PM
Johnny Mayday
Rennlist Town Crier

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Shop tries to steal dead guy's 911

Just read about this story on the HP. Apparently, the customer died while his 911 was in for service, and the owner thought he could use his death to ****** the car via a mechanic's lean. This is a pretty interesting combination of deplorable and stupid...
Old 04-02-2017, 10:47 AM
cairo94507
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 72 Posts

I hope the judge throws the book at the thieving garage owner and locks him up for as long as permitted by law. POS deserves prison.
Old 04-02-2017, 04:20 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

European Collectibles did this to my next door neighbor. He had his speedster in for paint and discovered European Collectibles sold the car to someone in one of the Carolinas after forging multiple change orders. .....their only mistake was misspelling his name and butchering his signature each time. He won the court case but died before he could collect. This was about 10 years ago....still burns me.
Old 04-02-2017, 09:37 PM
m42racer
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Amber Gramps
European Collectibles did this to my next door neighbor. He had his speedster in for paint and discovered European Collectibles sold the car to someone in one of the Carolinas after forging multiple change orders. .....their only mistake was misspelling his name and butchering his signature each time. He won the court case but died before he could collect. This was about 10 years ago....still burns me.

So there's more out there that have been robbed by these jokers.
Old 04-02-2017, 11:18 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Originally Posted by m42racer
So there's more out there that have been robbed by these jokers.
Many more. I can't believe anyone would buy there or let them wrench on their babies.

I did a PPI there on an early 911 for a Rennlister in France. Car failed miserably. Entire front end was twisted and rusted. I could see the ground through the the panels under dash. Two panels had to be rusted through to do that!!!!
Old 04-03-2017, 12:25 AM
m42racer
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't get me started. So many skeletons. I'm one who was scammed and I know many more.

Do you remember the train crash with cars in a trailer? Smells of dog "s""t all over it. Just how many more innocent people have been taken, I wonder????

Just need them to come out of the shadows.

The owner , Nick Clements should be in jail!!!!

Known in Costa Mesa as the "babcock bastards".

To all out there, due your due diligence and look past the shiny paint. You may find a skeleton hidden underneath. As Amber has said, it may even be someone else's car.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:01 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Babcock and the surrounding streets are loaded with this type of business. The guy almost directly across the street from EC is also a crook. Looked at a 911 for a buyer out of San Francisco. Deck lid had steel strapping welded to it to fill the holes left behind by a whale tail that had been removed. Saw the same car come up for sale years later with the same strapping still there. Seller chased me out when I questioned it.
Old 04-03-2017, 07:45 PM
Johnny Mayday
Rennlist Town Crier

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by m42racer
Don't get me started. So many skeletons. I'm one who was scammed and I know many more.

Do you remember the train crash with cars in a trailer? Smells of dog "s""t all over it. Just how many more innocent people have been taken, I wonder????

Just need them to come out of the shadows.

The owner , Nick Clements should be in jail!!!!

Known in Costa Mesa as the "babcock bastards".

To all out there, due your due diligence and look past the shiny paint. You may find a skeleton hidden underneath. As Amber has said, it may even be someone else's car.
Stories like this make me feel better about always doing tons of research before I take a car anywhere...
Old 07-10-2017, 05:29 AM
renncayman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny Mayday
Stories like this make me feel better about always doing tons of research before I take a car anywhere...
Totally agree!
Old 07-10-2017, 01:54 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,015 Likes on 722 Posts

Originally Posted by renncayman
Totally agree!
okay that was random on a 3 month post.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:21 AM
1986 Targa
Instructor

Location: Manhattan Beach, California. Retired Engineer 1986 Targa-Factory Delivery Original Owner
Default In California.

In California complaints to the Bureau of Automotive Repair are no longer made public.

Most customers seeking information on repair shops must rely on friends for repair histories.

Gerry
Old 07-11-2017, 02:28 PM
iFox
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default shops that steal

I have always been fearful, maybe paranoid, about a shops ability to swap things out. Say you have a very nice SC and the shop wants to swap out the engine? Possible?

Sher-
Old 07-12-2017, 10:40 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,015 Likes on 722 Posts

anything is possible , I heard stories once of a shop owner who raced on the weekends ( which is very common ) who took turbos out of customer cars, went racing , then put them back when he got back from the track.
strange but true.
Old 07-13-2017, 07:57 AM
09mageec
Racer

Originally Posted by theiceman
anything is possible , I heard stories once of a shop owner who raced on the weekends ( which is very common ) who took turbos out of customer cars, went racing , then put them back when he got back from the track.
strange but true.
Wow.... Well, I guess that could be a pretty quick swap, but strange nonetheless.
Old 07-13-2017, 03:39 PM
abe
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

There was a saying that the only difference between a prostitute and a lawyer was that the lawyer would keep screwing you long after you were dead. I guess you can add these guys to the list.
abe

Quick Reply: Shop tries to steal dead guy's 911