Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Shipping Nightmare - Incognito Express

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 10:44 AM
PeteyDaddy
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Shipping Nightmare - Incognito Express

Stay far-far away from this shipping co. My Porsche dealer suggested them and they are an absolute disaster. Stay far away and use a reputable shipping company (Intercity, Reliable). PM me for details. What a nightmare.
Old 03-18-2017, 05:29 PM
Cbwell
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear, especially if the beauty in your signature was involved. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:09 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should always check these guys out on the USDOT web site. It sounds as if Incognito Express may be a broker.

The very first question should be: "Do you actually own a truck?"

Next: "What is your USDOT number?"

Here are a few more things you need to consider.

Richard Newton
Old 03-19-2017, 11:38 AM
PeteyDaddy
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 73911
You should always check these guys out on the USDOT web site. It sounds as if Incognito Express may be a broker.

Here are a few more things you need to consider.

Richard Newton
Thank You- lessons learned for sure. What a nightmare. Appreciate the info!
Old 03-19-2017, 10:06 PM
onevoice
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 73911

Richard Newton
A broker isn't automatically bad. A good one will have access to many, many carriers that an average person won't be able to find.

I was a truck broker, now retired. We took great care of our customers, saved them money on their freight, covered everything with another layer of our own insurance, and only used proven, good carriers. On the rare occasion when there was a problem, we handled all the legal and insurance issues.

On the other side of the equation, we had many good carriers that depended on us to find them freight. We kept them moving so they could keep their rates competitive.

There is a lot more to the transportation world than carrier = good, broker = bad.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:58 PM
mikemdd
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by onevoice
A broker isn't automatically bad. A good one will have access to many, many carriers that an average person won't be able to find.

I was a truck broker, now retired. We took great care of our customers, saved them money on their freight, covered everything with another layer of our own insurance, and only used proven, good carriers. On the rare occasion when there was a problem, we handled all the legal and insurance issues.

On the other side of the equation, we had many good carriers that depended on us to find them freight. We kept them moving so they could keep their rates competitive.

There is a lot more to the transportation world than carrier = good, broker = bad.
I agree completely. I have used the "big 3" as well as brokers with good success. While I do feel there is some upside with the "big 3", I have to say that the service I received in terms of timely pickup and drop off goes to the brokers. They have lots of potential shippers to pick from and can typically provide better service when it comes to the timing of the service. At this moment, I am trying to ship a car cross country with one of the "big 3". I have been waiting for over a week already and whenever I call, they tell me they are waiting for a full load before picking up the car. They say it could be up to 4 weeks (thats one month for those counting) before they can pick up the car and will only give 24 hours notice when it happens. Brokers have many choices and are much more reliable in that sense. Very frustrating for sure. Next time, I am leaning towards using a broker again with a good reputation, understanding there are risks.

Quick Reply: Shipping Nightmare - Incognito Express