Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Heater Controls 78 SC

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 01:47 AM
Montana
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's been awhile, but as for the A/C it works great, but whomever cut the hole under the passenger side mats must've used a can opener. I've never seen a poorer job. I was told the A/C was in 78 was always installed by the dealers state side. The guy that did mine, well, I've done lots of body work and hand forminf steel and honestly it looks like they used a can opener. Just another of my summer projects I suppose.
Old 12-03-2003, 06:50 AM
Mark sP
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a very new owner, but did get to grips with the heater pretty quick.

The level of heat in my car becomes furnace-like after just a couple of minutes.
Old 12-03-2003, 10:44 AM
Paul Conquest
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hetmann ... I have the same brutal defoggers, and can't seem to find anything wrong with mine.

The problem is most pronounced when the car is just warming up. It seems as though water/rain is drawn into the engine fan (or perhaps drips through the grill above and collects there while parked); through the heat exchangers which heat up almost instantly and where the water evaporates; and then past the cold windshield where it condenses again.

Given enough time, however, they seem to work moderately well. Once the defoggers have been on a few minutes, the windows slowly clear. I thought this might be because the window warms and is less likely to condense the moisture in the warm air. Could also be that any water that has collected evaporates and disappears.

Not sure what (if any) resolution there might be, though. I wouldn't want to do anything that impedes the air flow and compromises the cooling.

Quick Reply: Heater Controls 78 SC