Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

3.2 liter upgrade on SC motor hp?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 10:42 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,287 Posts
Default 3.2 liter upgrade on SC motor hp?

Can anyone help me?

I have a Euro 911SC CIS 3.2 liter upgraded engine. I purchased the car in 1984 from a private individual who just had the entire car modified with wide body, suspension and engine work completed by Baumann Porsche of Zurich Switzerland. When I bought the car I was told it had a 3.12L upgrade. After having the build sheet translated it turns out the dispalcement is 98mm making it a 3.2 liter. I was told the pistons and cylinders were made by Mahle for Max Moritz (only 600 sets made). I was told the engine was balanced and the intakes polished. When I purchased the car I was told it was producing 225 hp using a stock exhaust including cat and air pump. Since then I have upgraded to SSI headers, Dual 4" outlet B&B muffler, K&N Filter and Permatune ignition. The car is quite fast and lots of torque, gives my 94 turbo a run for its money and stays with the best of them.

Does anyone know anything about these upgrades and how much horsepower and torque is being produced? I used a G-tech analizer and I get readings between 245 and 272 hp. I don't believe I am using it properly. I am trying to sell the car and don't want to mislead people.

Has anyone heard of Baumann Porsche? My paperwork has them located in Zurich Switzerland. Are they still around?

Old 11-04-2003, 11:16 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Cobalt:

Truly the only way you'll know what power it has is to park it on a Dynojet 248C and measure its rear wheel HP.

Everything else is simply conjecture.

Quick Reply: 3.2 liter upgrade on SC motor hp?