Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

1.1 targa or 1.2 coupe torque issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 01:16 PM
lee beng chan
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1.1 targa or 1.2 coupe torque issues

Hi I am in a difficult predicament. mine is whether to purchase (1) used targa 2014 4S, 1 owner, 3000 miles, options and specs to what I want or (2) buy brand new 991.2 coupe S, configure my own dream specs and wait 6 months. I am torn because of price. The used targa is USD 500,000 and brand new C2 S coupe is USD 600,000, brand new C2 basic with options is USD 550,000. Buying brand new targa is out of my budget. So basically a used targa 991.1 or a brand new coupe 991.2 one consideration is if I am spending so much, may as well get a brand new car? The other way of looking at it is if it is so expensive better to get used. I am also concerned about the torque only at higher RPM for the 1.1 I do enjoy an open top, but as I am in the city in singapore, daily used is better with the 1.2 cos of the higher torque at low rpm and over broader rpm range? My specific question is, for city driving, how sluggish or heavy to pick up would the 1.1 4S targa be? Is this just a relative thing and at the end of the day it is way better than most cars on road?
Old 12-05-2016, 02:26 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Welcome. Let me pass along a bit of insider information on the current crop of Porsche:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-221/
Old 12-05-2016, 02:55 PM
lee beng chan
Cruisin'

Thank u!! Have been spending the last hour reading comments on that link onnlesther color
Old 12-06-2016, 08:06 AM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 295 Posts

Bloody hell half a million for a used 991! I knew SGP very proactively taxed cars out of people's budgets, didn't realize it was THAT much.
Old 12-06-2016, 09:33 AM
lee beng chan
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
Bloody hell half a million for a used 991! I knew SGP very proactively taxed cars out of people's budgets, didn't realize it was THAT much.
Hey rick, yes, it's ridiculous here. It's almost 300% tax, not including sales tax. On top of that, the vehicle title or paper title is a bidding system so it varies from about 40k USD to 70k USD.

But the worst thing is that after paying so much, we r only allowed to own the car for 10 years (if brand new, if used its 10 years minus age of car). Thereafter u got to bid for a new title at prevailing rates or scrap the car. So u r essentially forced to purchase a car with all the liabilities and insurance and road tax payments etc but they put a lease term on ur car for 10 years and u don't get the benifits of leasing

Which is why I am so torn between my choices now cos it's a lot of money for me
Old 12-06-2016, 10:27 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,144 Likes on 818 Posts

Originally Posted by lee beng chan
Hey rick, yes, it's ridiculous here. It's almost 300% tax, not including sales tax. On top of that, the vehicle title or paper title is a bidding system so it varies from about 40k USD to 70k USD.

But the worst thing is that after paying so much, we r only allowed to own the car for 10 years (if brand new, if used its 10 years minus age of car). Thereafter u got to bid for a new title at prevailing rates or scrap the car. So u r essentially forced to purchase a car with all the liabilities and insurance and road tax payments etc but they put a lease term on ur car for 10 years and u don't get the benifits of leasing

Which is why I am so torn between my choices now cos it's a lot of money for me
i think I would leave the country.

Quick Reply: 1.1 targa or 1.2 coupe torque issues