Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Traffic Pro - Are you happy with it???

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 04:42 PM
Eric Holdaway
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traffic Pro - Are you happy with it???

If you have the Traffic Pro Radio from harman, I would lik eto know if you are happy with it and it's preformance.
Old 10-24-2003, 01:42 PM
Eric Holdaway
Advanced

I am trying to figure out if its a good nav unit and a good preforming radio and CD head unit. Have any of you guys used one or have purchased one that can give me some incist?
Old 10-24-2003, 03:07 PM
BER
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was in Germany last year and my rental car had the Traffic Pro Stereo/GPS installed.

I thought it was a great unit. I was amazed how well the GPS worked in "point-to-point" mode without the big color moving maps. The voice directions and arrow prompts were more than adequate to get me all around southern Germany (including to the Porsche factory in Zuffenhausen), Switzerland and Austria. Driving in the cities of Stuttgart and Munich were a breeze.

I will be honest and say I did not use the stereo that much, but the times I had it on it sounded fine. I did not use the CD.

Bruce
Old 12-19-2003, 11:32 PM
bmfische
AutoX

Talking

Had an Traffic Pro installed in my Boxster S. It is DVD based so 2 cd's cover the usa. Which are included with the unit. That is a big advantage over cd based map systems. Having a pointer display rather than a map is not a big deal. Have a Porsche 911 4s with PCM and a Mini Cooper S with nav and maps diplays although nice are not neccessary. It is much safer to have directional arrows and listen to the voice prompts. Excellence magizine had a excellebnt article on the Traffic Pro. They found it far easier to use than PCM. Also cost is half of factory installed Porsche unit.

So I would highly recommend it.
Old 12-21-2003, 04:05 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was thinking of getting one of these and installing it in my 993. Rod Birch at CarAudioInnovations.com (no affiliations) looks to have dissuaded me as he says the sound performance is crap I was thinking of getting one of these and getting a phatbox to work with it.

Quick Reply: Traffic Pro - Are you happy with it???