Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Porsche Factory Pictures from 1971

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 02:37 AM
Satch99
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Porsche Factory Pictures from 1971

Thought you might like to see these pictures from a Porsche factory in 1971. i love them.

You can see the full gallery here http://www.diagnostic-world.com/page...971_262683.cfm

Old 06-29-2016, 04:46 PM
1stgear
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 59 Posts

Thanks for the link. I love this guy's lid.

Old 06-29-2016, 05:30 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 295 Posts

I like the guy with the cigarette hanging from his mouth!

I bet you none of those workers had the slightest inkling that 45 years later people would be drooling over those very cars they were putting together.

And those colors! Such wonderful tones of yellow, blue, green. Why do they make such ****ing stupid colors these days. **** the 1000 shades of grey and silver they make today.
Old 06-29-2016, 06:25 PM
stuttgart1
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Great pics!
Old 06-29-2016, 06:46 PM
major dad
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm amazed to see that the through the grill spot lights were actually factory fitted and not by the owner or dealer.
Old 06-29-2016, 07:53 PM
mausone46
Racer

yesterday manufaktur

today Computerfaktur

poor 911
Old 06-29-2016, 09:59 PM
grgallo
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 72 Posts

love these pictures and Mr. Brooklyn, I agree:

Porsches should not be black, silver, gray or white. I might be biased as an owner of a 1987 911 Carrera, paint code L80F. Carmine, a red rarely seen, a red always commented on and a red befitting of this awesome machine.
The “new” colors to me are plain, everyday mundane: black doesn’t accent the lines of these beautiful cars, black the color of limousines and hearses. Everyone has a silver car, gray the color of the sky in England, and white the color of 1950’s refrigerators.
People will say there is nothing like a black car when clean and polished, therein lies the rub (pun intended), black cars are impossible to keep clean and polished. Or they will say silver, the German racing team color. I think urban legend has it that the German racers of the 1930’s were painted white, then the paint was removed to save weight and they were left with a silver car, bare metal aluminum that is. So silver, white what is it? And then there is gray, why?
Porsche is known as a company among many great things for “paint to sample”. I doubt any other company has done it as well or as often. Imagine the reaction in Zuffenhausen if a customer requested black, silver, gray or white! Finally, we look to the Porsche family for some guidance on this subject, their favorite color for their personal cars is Hunter Green, not black, silver, gray or white.
I submit to you P-cars should be an interesting, unique color to acknowledge their unique stature as a sports car. There is no substitute.
Old 06-30-2016, 06:18 PM
cool whip
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by grgallo
love these pictures and Mr. Brooklyn, I agree:

Porsches should not be black, silver, gray or white. I might be biased as an owner of a 1987 911 Carrera, paint code L80F. Carmine, a red rarely seen, a red always commented on and a red befitting of this awesome machine.
The “new” colors to me are plain, everyday mundane: black doesn’t accent the lines of these beautiful cars, black the color of limousines and hearses. Everyone has a silver car, gray the color of the sky in England, and white the color of 1950’s refrigerators.
People will say there is nothing like a black car when clean and polished, therein lies the rub (pun intended), black cars are impossible to keep clean and polished. Or they will say silver, the German racing team color. I think urban legend has it that the German racers of the 1930’s were painted white, then the paint was removed to save weight and they were left with a silver car, bare metal aluminum that is. So silver, white what is it? And then there is gray, why?
Porsche is known as a company among many great things for “paint to sample”. I doubt any other company has done it as well or as often. Imagine the reaction in Zuffenhausen if a customer requested black, silver, gray or white! Finally, we look to the Porsche family for some guidance on this subject, their favorite color for their personal cars is Hunter Green, not black, silver, gray or white.
I submit to you P-cars should be an interesting, unique color to acknowledge their unique stature as a sports car. There is no substitute.
I somewhat agree with you, however, I had a good laugh at the fact that I own colors polar silver, black, and white. At least one of my P cars is red.
Old 06-30-2016, 07:19 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 80 Posts

Factory looked about the same throughout the 70's I lived in Germany from 76-79
Old 06-30-2016, 11:05 PM
grgallo
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 72 Posts

cool whip, i agree all of these cars are beauties, the color is in the eye of the beholder... i once owned an artic silver 986, it was the perfect color for that car. i'm pontificating on some opinions i've seen elsewhere that the bold colors of the '70's and '80's Porsches are garish and "unbecoming"
Old 07-03-2016, 03:46 AM
FormulaRX
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Awesome pics!!! Thanks for sharing

Quick Reply: Porsche Factory Pictures from 1971