Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Who can read German?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 12:50 PM
Dougal Cawley
Former Sponsor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Who can read German?

This article below has been sent to me from Germany. (it is a pdf, i'm not sure how to attache it properly)

my German friend wrote this about the article:

There was a test in Auto Bild Klassik.
Attached the pdf.
The “BILD” newspaper is like your Mirror. I think.
Lots of pictures and less text and very less high quality infos.
Nevertheless, the Pirelli won, the Vredestein is in some parts better than Michelin, but not allowed on 911 in Germany (H-rated).
But they have good contacts to the newspaper.
All pictures of the last site are reversed…
I have written an letter to the Journalist, let’s see what he says.
They write that it is the N-labed tyre.

Basically we are not sure if they used the N4 batch of CN36 tyres or the earlier batch that were made prior to Porsches involvement.

But the good news is that Pirelli have now made the http://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/page...o-cn36-n4.html and we also now have N4 http://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/page...o-cn36-n4.html Well i've got a few and hope to get more soon.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Reifentest AB KLASSIK 0716.pdf (3.12 MB, 275 views)
Old 06-17-2016, 06:46 PM
mausone46
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Pirelli CN 36 won the test

I'm tired and lazy to translate the most
ciao
Old 06-18-2016, 09:51 PM
Bleek
Instructor

First page (google translate is your friend, albeit an inaccurate one lol):

To know every trick in the book?

Friends of Historic Vehicles usually maintain a cautious approach to the material. Simple rule: If you help to preserve its classic, has longer what it - and avoids high costs.
This is also true for tires. Who ever "Rubber is" and on cornering and Kavalierstart dislike dispense, looks at the end of the day on worn tire shoulders and tortured tread blocks. A moderate use
160 www.autobild-klassik.de | No. 7 · June 2016mit the accelerator and avoiding hard braking on the other hand ensure a long tire life.
However, subject to tires, like all products, rubber and rubber, an aging process. Their properties so do not stay down even when using the same forever. Despite the addition of special oils and chemicals that slow the aging, the material hardens over the years, which of course is not without negative influence on the technical characteristics of the tire. Especially with Näs-
se intervenes fresh elastic rubber much better than the one sun and environmental influences have been cured.
Old 06-20-2016, 09:21 AM
Dougal Cawley
Former Sponsor

It is true, that rubber does perish, and there is nothing you can do to stop it the best you can doi is slow it down. However that is an unavoidable fact, and it happens no matter what tyres you fit. The trick to getting your monies worth out of your tyres (and the rest of the car for that matter) is to drive the car. and currently if you wantg it to look and drive at it's best then the Pirelli CN36 is the best https://www.cinturato.net/pirelli-cinturato-cn36
Old 06-21-2016, 11:42 AM
The New 911
Pro

Originally Posted by Bleek
First page (google translate is your friend, albeit an inaccurate one lol):

To know every trick in the book?

Friends of Historic Vehicles usually maintain a cautious approach to the material. Simple rule: If you help to preserve its classic, has longer what it - and avoids high costs.
This is also true for tires. Who ever "Rubber is" and on cornering and Kavalierstart dislike dispense, looks at the end of the day on worn tire shoulders and tortured tread blocks. A moderate use
160 www.autobild-klassik.de | No. 7 · June 2016mit the accelerator and avoiding hard braking on the other hand ensure a long tire life.
However, subject to tires, like all products, rubber and rubber, an aging process. Their properties so do not stay down even when using the same forever. Despite the addition of special oils and chemicals that slow the aging, the material hardens over the years, which of course is not without negative influence on the technical characteristics of the tire. Especially with Näs-
se intervenes fresh elastic rubber much better than the one sun and environmental influences have been cured.
That is what I was going to say. Google Translate is your friend.
Old 06-27-2016, 07:46 AM
Dougal Cawley
Former Sponsor

Yes goodly translated it is.

Coment here it is from German customer he is mostly:-

Hi Dougal, did you know that the new Pirelli CN 36 was tested by the german magazine Autobild Klassik by modern standards? The tire is perfect - approx the same brake prformance like a new 5series BMW. Second is Michelin xWx slower but safe, third is Vredestein and last (not recommended at all) Blockley.
Regards Diethard

Quick Reply: Who can read German?