1970 911 Oil Tank, Oil Cooler Hose Interference to Body

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2016, 06:15 PM
N882928
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 1970 911 Oil Tank, Oil Cooler Hose Interference to Body

Hello,

I have some interference to the body when fitting the oil tank and engine oil cooler hose. The body is a 1970 911. The oil tank did not come with the car but should be to fit a 1970. The holes in the firewall for the oil filter and filler neck line up with the oil tank I have. I will be installing a 2.7 but will be using the engine oil cooler that takes the threaded hose. The oil cooler hose won't install as it hits the tow hook and the tank touches the vertical bracket that the rear bumper shock would bolt to... I'm guessing a previous owner fitted later bumper brackets and a later engine and that is why I have encountered the issue. What is really odd is that I can't figure out what combination they would have used unless it was a one off custom. Before I get the old cutting wheel out I just wanted to bounce this off you guys to confirm that is the actual situation and I'm not missing something. Recommendations are welcome. Cutting path? Thanks. The first pic. is looking straight on from the rear in the taillight area. The second pic. is looking up from below to show line of install for the oil cooler hose and where it would hit the tow hook.
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: 1970 911 Oil Tank, Oil Cooler Hose Interference to Body