Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Anyone interested in a Supercharger kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 11:09 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Anyone interested in a Supercharger kit

I took this off of my father-in-laws car (my old SC) The kit is a full SOK kit that was bought some time ago. It has about 6K(miles) on the kit and about 2K on a supercharger rebuilt. The rebuild was done by Paxton. The additional cooler was later added to prolong rebuild times due to excessive heat. At any rate the kit is complete with the tubes, hoses, bracket, blower and I have a HPX digital ignition that is brand new to go with it. Wires and map and wires are extra. The kit creates about 5lbs of boost and was designed to be used on the lower compression SC motors. The kit claims 300HP at the flywheel. In all the kit originally cost me 9800.00 with all the goodies. If someone is really interested in it drop me an email. He wants about 4500.00 for everything including the custom crank angle pulley.
Attached Images  
Old 10-13-2003, 11:09 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

tubes
Attached Images  
Old 10-13-2003, 11:10 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

cooler
Attached Images  
Old 10-14-2003, 02:32 AM
geo.aigel
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why did you take it off? How much RWHP did you make with it installed? Do you feel it is a good power adder, bang for the buck wise and do you feel it is a solid setup w/ respect of longlivety of the engine and sc?

Thanks, George
Old 10-14-2003, 10:43 AM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

It was taken off because he lost his job and wanted to sell his car. I felt it would be easier to move the car without the blower on it. It was never dynoed so I can not tell you if the claims were accurate. I can tell you that it would light the tires up through first without a problem just by stabbing the gas. In regards to reliably, the car didn't have an issue. You need to make sure your CR or boost is down one of the two. The cost for what I paid IMHO is not worth it. A turbo motor transplant would make more sense. The cost of the kit for 4500 verses the original 9800 is justifiable and worth the dollar per HP.
Old 01-08-2005, 02:22 AM
lovesCurves
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question still for sale?

Stephen- I'm sorry for your father-in-law's job loss. If you're still looking for funds for this supercharger, please let me know. If so, can it be installed on a 993 with no more than reasonable effort/ fabrication?

Quick Reply: Anyone interested in a Supercharger kit