Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Fuchs Wheels Touch Up Paint

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 01:07 AM
georgie
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuchs Wheels Touch Up Paint

Does anyone know a source for color match for the black surfaces on the stock Fuchs Wheels? I have a '87 Carrera and I'm looking for a paint match to just touch up some really minor stone marks.

Also looking for touch up paint for the black anodized trim on the car, such as the window trim pieces, wiper blade arms, etc.

Thanks!
Old 10-13-2003, 08:54 AM
marc 1xx1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out www.carcareonline.com Larry caries a FULL complement of products including WURTH paint. The paint has the correct black color and finish for your wheels.

If you have questions ask them as they are very helpful.

For your rims:

Black Gloss Wheel Paint
http://www.carcareonline.com/detail....oduct_id=11320

Buy two cans just to be safe.

The rims on my SC came our GREAT!

marc

ps: NO affiliation, just a satisfied customer.
Old 10-13-2003, 12:05 PM
Noel
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Many believe the correct paint is actually a Semi-Gloss black instead of a gloss. It is probably easier to just score the entire black portion with some scotch bright pads, tape it off and repaint the entire center. I recently did this with my fuchs and result was quite impressive. I estimate that it took about 1 hour per wheel, not counting dry time.

Noel
Old 10-14-2003, 10:18 AM
Par911
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a great spray can in black that I use to paint the trim, grill, and fuchs on my SC. It is called Black Satin, made specifically for automotive use. It's the only paint I would ever use on my 911. The paint's got a great finish, not too dull, and not too glossy. The spray can costs about $10 a can. I got it from an automotive paint specialty store (Matto's in Gaithersburg, MD), its the only place I could find it, I looked in pep boys, advance auto parts, but couldn't find it anywhere. If you want to try it out, I could pick it up for you and we could meet up somewhere in VA, or I could ship it to you.

Quick Reply: Fuchs Wheels Touch Up Paint