Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

84 911 Maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 09:28 PM
cerex
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 84 911 Maintenance

Hey guys, my 84 has been sitting in the garage for about 8 months. Time for a tune up. 43000 miles.

Anyone have a checklist in place on what I should do.

Probably can pieced it all together but was hoping someone has it documented so i don't have to think.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:32 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,154 Likes on 827 Posts

Sorry we don't cater to non thinkers around here
I would use common sense.
Old 03-28-2016, 12:36 PM
cerex
Racer

thats exactly what I am trig to avoid my over the top common sense approach.
Old 03-29-2016, 02:20 PM
CarPartsDiscount.com
Former Vendor

There is no set list of things to change to get you out on the road (as far as i know) because every vehicle is a little different depending on the conditions its been stored. Millage, weather, and many other factors come into play. The parts you throw at it are really up to you and how deep you want to get in doing this. technically you could probably just swap out the battery fire it up and drive it without doing a anything (obviously that's not recommended) but you could also go as far as draining the tank of the old gas, swapping out fuel lines that may have dried out and cracked, doing a full tune up of plugs, wires cap, and rotor. checking out brake lines that may have dried up. Over time oil that has been sitting can actually go bad so you might want to change that out...... Im not trying to scare you away or make you over think things just starting that its difficult to say what needs replacing after storage. Id swap the fuel filter, drive it straight to a gas station so you can try to dilute that old gas with fresh hi octane stuff and go from there. We probably have most parts that you are looking for to get it on the road again.

https://www.carpartsdiscount.com/porsche.html

I hope this was helpful. If you have any questions or if i can be of any further assistance please don't hesitate to ask.
Old 04-03-2016, 09:33 AM
prschmn
Instructor

Might help if you have documentation of what maintenance has been done? Last valve adjust, etc..

Quick Reply: 84 911 Maintenance