Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

No Heat

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 02:55 PM
caelumblue
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Heat

I have a 1985 911 3.2. The car is not used that often, but drove it yesterday and realized the heat is not working. It has those crazy three dashboard controls, which I am still trying to figure out and the conrol **** between the seats. The fan is working, but only cool air. Any suggestions where to start? Thanks in advance
Old 10-06-2003, 03:04 PM
jet911
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The manual? Actually if you do a search on this board, about 8 or 9 months ago, someone wrote quite detailed instructions on using the heating system controls where the control ***** between the seats are used.

Good luck!
Old 10-08-2003, 08:36 PM
Hugh R
Advanced

If you have the electric heater control between the two seats, (versus the two levers) pull the round rheostat **** off and unscrew the four allen head machine screws on the plastic case and lift the case off. Inside you may find a lever that connects to two ball/sockets that occasionally pops off.
Old 10-08-2003, 08:40 PM
Hugh R
Advanced

Also on the dash levers. The top allows fresh air in and has four position fan. The middle directs where the fresh air goes (left-bottom, middle dash, and right-windshield. The bottom red lever does the same as the middle one for heated air from the rheostat in my last post. Also, if you have the two heater levers on the floor, I think there's some kind of fan switch under one of them.
Old 10-09-2003, 04:25 PM
jkrubinlaw
7th Gear

I have the opposite problem. I have the two levers between the seats and can't figure out the settings to get cool air in.

Quick Reply: No Heat