Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

1973 fuse sizes

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 09:26 PM
altneunelfer
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1973 fuse sizes

I have been looking everywhere to find the correct fuse sizes for the fuse box and am finding nothing online, Haynes, etc. Has anyone seen a fuse schedule for each of the 18 loads in the front panel?

I have replaced a number of missing & blown fuses during the 911E resuscitation but I am just guessing the current rating by wire size & number of loads.

thanks, Mark
Old 01-18-2016, 10:27 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Hi Mark,

Fuse information can be found in the factory (NLA) little spec book as well as in the factory shop manual. Your owner's manual should have that as well.

Please,..please, please do NOT guess about such critical things. Take the time and make the effort to find this information so you use the correct fuse in each position since your car depends on that to prevent an electrical fire.
Old 01-18-2016, 11:35 PM
altneunelfer
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve

Many thanks for the reply. I fully understand your cautionary comment and I am erring on the side of a blown fuse vs a fried wire. To estimate I am summing the continuous current ratings of the wire sizes on the load side to make my first guess. This will be ok for the first pass of getting everything working before the complete restoration dismantle, but in the final state I want the factory correct fuse to maximize system reliability.

regards, Mark

Quick Reply: 1973 fuse sizes