Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Turbo Wing Install on 997.2 Intake Ducts?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 07:35 PM
JD911S
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Wing Install on 997.2 Intake Ducts?

I am in the process of doing the turbo wing swap. I was able to obtain a donor wing from a 2008 in good shape but minus, fan,harness,light and a couple of other minor bits and pieces. Hydraulics were supposed to be in good working order but that is a whole other issue currently. The good news is on the test fit it clears my stock airbox perfectly saving me replacing the airbox. My questions is I am not sure what style or year intake ducts I should be looking for. On my car the stock openings on the lid to line up with the airbox are at the top and are rectangle from top to bottom. On the turbo the openings for the airbox are at the bottom and the rectangle runs side to side. So from what I am seeing I can not use my stock ones rotated because they would not fit but more importantly they would not line up with the airbox at all, and if I go with new ones to fit the turbo lid I will have the exact same issue but at the bottom of the airbox doing exactly nothing. Any ideas as to what I can do with retaining the stock airbox? Thanks in advance for any input.
Old 11-03-2015, 01:01 PM
JD911S
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone that has done this before and retained the stock airbox have a solution?
Old 11-03-2015, 05:25 PM
Pel
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try throwing a post up on the 997 forum guys here may also own 997s but feedback will be limited, this subsection of rennlist pertains to N/A 911s up to 1989.

Good luck

Quick Reply: Turbo Wing Install on 997.2 Intake Ducts?