Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Help all Porsche Kremer experts!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 11:02 AM
Mike Munch
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help all Porsche Kremer experts!

Some two years ago I was lucky enough to buy a perfectly restored rolling chassis of one of those rare ’68/'69 911S beasts (first LWB, MFI, 170hp). It was an 18-year old restoration, organized by a former RS club president who had run out of money, but kept the project. I felt so happy to have found a car to round out my little collection (a ’72 2.4S and a 1976 Ur-Turbo). And even happier after finding out that the original owners of my project were none others than the Kremer brothers! Living in Germany, I tried to find their (or rather the surviving brother Manfred’s) whereabouts just to learn he was living somewhere in Spain. It was through a member of this very forum who had a holiday home in Spain that I first got in touch and later became friends with Manfred Kremer. How lucky can you be?!

I wonder whether any of you can help me find out whether my car had a racing history. Unfortunately, Manfred Kremer doesn’t have full records dating back to 1968/69, so he can’t tell. But my car did have a racing clutch, points for a cage, and the block had a damage that (according to the old Kremer mechanic who is now fully rebuilding my engine) might stem from a connecting rod issue — maybe it was this car (http://www.racingsportscars.com/etcc...-07-27-043.jpg) which was one of the few race 911S with a sliding roof and didn't finish because of a connecting rod problem?

My second question refers to the parts that came with this car. On top of the original cylinders I have a set of Chromal coated Mahle cylinders with dimples that, I suspect, might be for a Porsche 906. Who can I turn to with data, photos & measurements?

I much appreciate your help!

Mike

P. S. Should you be interested in photos of Manfred Kremer today, please let me know
P. P. S. I also posted this message on the early911registry
Old 10-19-2015, 12:19 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

HOW COOL IS THAT!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Help all Porsche Kremer experts!