Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Finally got my first Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 11:03 AM
Mike72
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Front inner wheel wells look good too. Little bit of overspray from the paint job but very solid and no signs of corrosion.

any idea why my tire is rubbing the inner wheel well at full lock? Is this normal? What size tires would normally be found on this car?

Old 10-21-2015, 11:09 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,153 Likes on 826 Posts

BTW did you ever figure out what was stopping the crank from turning ? just curious for future people reviewing this post, maybe I missed it ?
Old 10-21-2015, 11:28 AM
Mike72
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
BTW did you ever figure out what was stopping the crank from turning ? just curious for future people reviewing this post, maybe I missed it ?
Well after letting the engine sit with penetrating oil in the cylinders for a couple of days I put a slightly longer wrench on the crank pulley and gave it a little harder pull than I had originally tried (I was being pretty gentle with it the first time I tried). It broke free and rotated smoothly over several rotations. I can only assume the rings were slightly stuck in the spot that they had sat in for years. I am hoping that everything is okay in there with no broken rings. Will find out soon enough when I go to start it. I am banking on it being fine inside as many people have told me these engines are very robust.

Last edited by Mike72; 10-21-2015 at 11:48 AM.

Quick Reply: Finally got my first Porsche