Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Good deal on this 84 Fact. Widebody?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 09:26 AM
S4drifter
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

What is a fair price for that car on ebay? Also, it looks like the odometer says 2300 which rpepresents the miles since the rebuild. Is that legal? Shouldn't the odometer at least read the total mileage of the engine prior to rebuild? Just curious if the DMV or an insurance company would take issue of with the car when a VIN# search shows 123k.
Old 09-29-2003, 11:44 AM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 246 Likes on 150 Posts

Since the odometer has been changed, I'd walk. If you title and register it and put down the mileage that's on the odometer, the car will be forever flagged as having a mileage discrepancy. I had the top end done on my 944 and didn't reset the odometer. The tub still has 123K miles on it. It does look like a cool car, but I'd be leary of buying a 911 from a dealer who apparently does not specialize in 911s. It' has aftermarket front and rear bodywork which lowers the value. It has a 3.6 coversion, but who did it. That is something I'd wan't to know.

How many miles are on the engine? The ad says it was resealed. Big deal and a far cry from a true engine rebuild. How many miles on the internals. Personally, this car has alot of question marks. If you are considering it, have it thoroughly checked by a good Porsche mechanic you trust.
Old 09-29-2003, 11:59 AM
S4drifter
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah....I'll probably pass on it. Carfax has issues with it regarding the odometer already. Bah..It's too pretty for the occasional track day anyway .
Old 09-29-2003, 12:04 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Let me tell you about the ebay car. I talked via email with the "dealer" thats selling that car. He claims that its a total collector car ha! First off look closely, where is the second distributor for the twin plug motor? I asked him and he said its hidden, HA ! He also claims that another dealer has already offered him 30k for the car but he wants to honor his ebay auction, HA ! He says he has documentation for all the work done but he cant seem to come up with any of it. After about 12 emails ( no kidding 12 ) I would run, not walk away from this guy and this car.

Quick Reply: Good deal on this 84 Fact. Widebody?