Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Tear in Cabriolet Roof

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2015 | 04:35 AM
Giantman
Racer

Default Tear in Cabriolet Roof

Need some advice from those who have perhaps had this happen to their roof. Can this be stitched do you think? Or perhaps patched somehow? There is some flex in this area as the roof is raised, which is I guess how this happened in the first place. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Old 07-17-2015 | 12:04 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Me....personally.....I'd hit the white undercloth with a black Sharpie and call it a day. Maybe stitch over it to keep it from progressing. I really doubt there is a good repair for that. Find a good ragtop shop or auto interior shop and see if they have any ideas.

My ragtop has only gotten rained on twice the entire 7-1/2 years I have had the car. Haven't put the top down in 3 or 4 years. It has only spent a couple nights outside. It is always covered if it isn't on the road. Ya, I am ****.
Old 07-18-2015 | 04:03 AM
Giantman
Racer

Thanks amber lamps. This top is also rarely dropped and always out of the weather but I guess time got to it. I notice that particular area experiences some tension when dropping which is why I am a little skeptical of a lasting repair

Quick Reply: Tear in Cabriolet Roof