Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

New Porsche Owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2003, 08:31 PM
Larry T.
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh yea, one other piece of advice...If the wheels have a locking lug nut, make sure you have the key!
Old 09-11-2003, 10:52 AM
slingshot C2
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Thanks for input

Originally posted by lbandme
I have ordered bra
NoOOOOoooooo.....
Bra's are for women, not cars
have a fun drive.
It was only a few months ago that I took possession of my C2 and got to roll home in it for the first time....
unfortunatley for me it was primarily a 5 hour night drive...
no speeding for fear of police and wildlife

good luck with your new car and welcome!!!
Old 09-16-2003, 09:29 AM
lbandme
8th Gear

The trip home; left still dark but warm Arizona in shorts, t-shift, etc. for the drive home. Denver weather, 47 degrees! Had to wait for windsheild/headlight replacement, wrong windshield ordered, twice, left Denver with duct-tape over weatherstripping. Rain, and snow, in Colorado Springs, but car ran great, one small leak around seal, bought extra tape.
Stopped in Las Vegas, (NM) and read through owners manual, service work, stereo instructions, found out neat things like how to work fog lights, intermittant wipers, and alarm after sleeping with motel curtains partially opened so I could keep close guard. Really opened it up, (reasonably) in the morning, found remote radar detector setup in ashtray, really concealed, suprised no one had mentioned it. Found one of those roads right out of TV commercial, south of Roswell, to Almagordo, winding mountain, that was worth the trip. Washed and polished, locked in the garage, back to work looking into A/C upgrades, and thinking about more excuses to get out. Thanks again for the help.
Old 09-16-2003, 11:08 AM
TMH
Addict
Rennlist Member

Glad to hear about relatively uneventful trips home. The bonding process with your new car has begun!

Tom
Old 03-26-2004, 06:31 PM
texasgooner
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Radar in ashtray?

Originally posted by lbandme
The trip home; left still dark but warm Arizona in shorts, t-shift, etc. for the drive home. Denver weather, 47 degrees! Had to wait for windsheild/headlight replacement, wrong windshield ordered, twice, left Denver with duct-tape over weatherstripping. Rain, and snow, in Colorado Springs, but car ran great, one small leak around seal, bought extra tape.
Stopped in Las Vegas, (NM) and read through owners manual, service work, stereo instructions, found out neat things like how to work fog lights, intermittant wipers, and alarm after sleeping with motel curtains partially opened so I could keep close guard. Really opened it up, (reasonably) in the morning, found remote radar detector setup in ashtray, really concealed, suprised no one had mentioned it. Found one of those roads right out of TV commercial, south of Roswell, to Almagordo, winding mountain, that was worth the trip. Washed and polished, locked in the garage, back to work looking into A/C upgrades, and thinking about more excuses to get out. Thanks again for the help.
Mike,

You mentioned this radar in the ashtray. I'd like to know more about this. ie What model, how it was installed etc? Or does anyone else have some ideas here? Or has anyone done it also?

cheers

Quick Reply: New Porsche Owner