911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

I'm a dope, or: Buy My Bilstein HDs!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015 | 08:35 PM
Dave Inc.
Instructor

Default I'm a dope, or: Buy My Bilstein HDs!

So I made a goof up just recently with my '82 SC. A while back I had the car in the shop and replaced the front shocks with Bilstein sport inserts. I realize now that that was a mistake, as the car certainly came with HDs originally and the shop got the wrong inserts.

Double mistake, I forgot all about this while buying some rear shocks to install myself, and replaced the original HDs with... a set of HDs.

Long story short I have some rear Bilstein sports on the way. I figure next week I'll swap them out for the HDs and put them up for sale. I wanted to check here before going on to eBay. I've had them in for exactly one drive around the neighborhood (Sunday is going to be nice, I don't promise I won't go out again!) so they're basically brand new. You'd need new nylock nuts but that's nothing.

Anyone interested in the pair for $200? Bilstein HDs in box with the rubber bushings, washers, and nylock nuts (used) for shipping. The part number for each is 24-001694.

Edit: Today is not my day. This is the wrong forum for this and it belongs in the parts marketplace, doesn't it?
Old 04-21-2015 | 11:41 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Although some may disagree I have sports all round and love them.
Old 04-22-2015 | 10:35 AM
porsche0nut
Race Car

No problem posting here, it's where you'll get the most exposure to 911 owners, not everyone can see the marketplace... But I'd post there as well, and on the bird.

Glws, will be great to have sports all around when done!
Old 04-22-2015 | 12:44 PM
Dave Inc.
Instructor

Thanks all. I'm thinking the sports will just be that last bit of motivation I need to redo the bushings in the rear. I've already redone the front but I'm in the process of doing my 944 track car's rear end and I've grown a distinct dislike for working on torsion/trailing arm suspensions.

Quick Reply: I'm a dope, or: Buy My Bilstein HDs!