Parking light left side

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 06:23 PM
dhc3
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Parking light left side

Guys,
Here's the issue. 87 Carrera. Driver's side parking lights in front do not light. Passenger side front is fine as are the rears. Driver's front fuse and bulbs are good. Turn signal works correctly. Parking light and parking light circuit of turn signal bulb do not light. Ideas? Thanks.
Old 04-18-2015, 06:34 PM
dhc3
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok really stumped now. I post this to Rennlist. Go back and put parking lens cover on, it works fine. Changed indicator bulb, parking light is fine. Is there some type of ground that was possibly not engaged with lens mounting screws; when I screwed them in the light came on. Or just the power of Rennlist at work?
Old 04-19-2015, 10:50 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,027 Likes on 731 Posts

Originally Posted by dhc3
Ok really stumped now. I post this to Rennlist. Go back and put parking lens cover on, it works fine. Changed indicator bulb, parking light is fine. Is there some type of ground that was possibly not engaged with lens mounting screws; when I screwed them in the light came on. Or just the power of Rennlist at work?
I would say the issue is in the bulb housing some where. I think it may be back.
Old 04-19-2015, 01:58 PM
Schabelmj
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just doing a similar project. If you are talking about the lens that is closest to the driver door, there is a metal spring which holds the bulb socket in place but also provides ground. You might not have had a solid ground, but by fiddling with the bulb, perhaps reestablished a reliable ground. If it happens again, I would just just go in and clean all of the contacts including the bulb socket spring-mount.
Old 04-19-2015, 08:51 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

check under the headlights... check for loose connections.

Quick Reply: Parking light left side