Speedvision GT Championship

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2001, 03:37 AM
Bill Wagner
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Speedvision GT Championship

The cable company in my area is playing games with stations. Recently they've combined a number of cable stations into one (speedvision and a few other sports channels) and then they selectively show broadcasts from these stations on the one channel (in other words, it's not 100% speedvision...probably more like 20%).

In any case, I taped a race a few weeks ago called a "Speedvision GT Championship". Some of the drivers are well know (like Derrick Bell).

My question is, what type of mods are in these cars? Are they modified street cars (they look like it)? How extensive are the modifications? Is this series well known or is this a "Speedvision thing"? Is it backed by a group like the SCCA?

I'm sure I could do a web search and find out, but I'm hoping someone here will fill me in. This is not a "critical" question, just idle curiousity.

TIA

Bill Wagner
Old 07-09-2001, 10:36 AM
Steve, 914 guy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My last employer wanted to run a couple races of this series, we contacted the SCCA and they sent a whole info package with GCR's, allowed car models, entry fees, etc. I'm sorry, I don't have any #'s for you, it's been a couple years, but I'm sure the SCCA website will have some info.

Quick Reply: Speedvision GT Championship